Dashboard discussion

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Toto Gale

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to delete a duplicate

Post by Toto Gale »

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to delete a duplicate
Last edited by Toto Gale on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toto Gale

Re: Dashboard discussion

Post by Toto Gale »

“ True visionaries” seem to practice science, which is great. I would like them to explain in detail the Dashboard. That would stimulate me. I’ve said here what I sense it is: technology. How does science explain the Dashboard in detail?

I’ll say this respectfully: there is another way of knowing. It involves Seeing. Seers are all around us. Shamanism is seeing. (Ref: search: The Cosmic Serpent free PDF). Most humans experience this as vague intuitions. Some like Einstein take intuition to new heights. That is what I see this group doing with science, and I admire that.
Toto Gale

Post by Toto Gale »

I became meta-conscious that I was putting a pillow case on inside-out. Perhaps that was a post-shadow of this thread. It all gets so confusing.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Toto Gale wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:46 am “ True visionaries” seem to practice science, which is great. I would like them to explain in detail the Dashboard. That would stimulate me. I’ve said here what I sense it is: technology. How does science explain the Dashboard in detail?

I’ll say this respectfully: there is another way of knowing. It involves Seeing. Seers are all around us. Shamanism is seeing. (Ref: search: The Cosmic Serpent free PDF). Most humans experience this as vague intuitions. Some like Einstein take intuition to new heights. That is what I see this group doing with science, and I admire that.

Scientists bring up the rear, because their fields are so fragmented and do not stimulate imagination in the slightest. They are just now coming to ask some questions artists and philosophers were exploring at the turn of the 20th century. Theoretical physics does seem to be a rare exception to the rule. Anyway, I have given you my answer - the "dashboard" is what we co-create to represent the essential spiritual realm to ourselves. If you want more scientific precision, then I recommend Rudolf Steiner's "spiritual science".
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Toto Gale

Post by Toto Gale »

I remember many years ago, I went into a trance while driving a truck. I did not come out of the trance until I arrived at my destination two hours later. I had no memory of the drive.

In the years since, I became aware of "windshield psychology." I've noticed that if I really want to know someone, an easy way to learn that is to take a highway trip with them. When we share a common view through the windshield, they tell me whatever I want to know.
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

Toto Gale wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 pm I'm interested in better understanding the dashboard.

It seems to me, based on personal experience, that reality is presented holographically. Assuming that, it seems possible that the brain is a holographic transceiver.
What you mean by dashboard or Dashboard?

Are you referring to this by BK?

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ob ... dashboard/

Or references to Donald Hoffman from whom I think BK gets his view.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... iew-donald
Toto Gale

Post by Toto Gale »

I am referring to the seven lecture course in Analytic Idealism.