horrific video

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Mark Tetzner

horrific video

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Did anyone already discuss this vid???
Eugene I

Re: horrific video

Post by Eugene I »

The guy seems to be an amateur youtuber with no background in philosophy and completely misses the point and confuses science with metaphysics. Science has nothing to do with and can not prove or disprove neither materialism nor idealism (nor any other ontology). Science only applies to what reality (nature) does (how it behaves) but not what it is.

Regarding the "hard problem", he confuses the "emergence" with "brutal emergence", and the "easy problem" with the "hard problem" of consciousness. Apparently he has no knowledge of Chalmers analysis of those two kinds of emergence and two kinds of problems.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kanzas anymore" Dorothy
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Yes thats all true, I was just wondering about the disrespect and mockery, really a stupid gu
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

We can always trust Mark to keep track of the trash-talking BK bashers. Keep us informed if there's any counter-bashing from our pugilistic protagonist in Idealism's corner. ;)
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Hedge90

Post by Hedge90 »

I love how in videos where someone is bashed they always choose their least flattering picture as the thumbnail.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Hedge90 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:06 pm I love how in videos where someone is bashed they always choose their least flattering picture as the thumbnail.
BK looks a tad demonic no?

Hedge90

Post by Hedge90 »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:17 pm
Hedge90 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:06 pm I love how in videos where someone is bashed they always choose their least flattering picture as the thumbnail.
BK looks a tad demonic no?

Absolutely MAL-icious.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Hedge90 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:23 pmAbsolutely MAL-icious.
Muhahaha!
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Dana I am not looking for trash I was actually looking for something else and then found it. Since I am not so active in this forum I thought I ask if there is a thread here about it that I missed or if he has been strangled by BK already. Who is the pugilistic antagonist you are talking about?
And btw if you find any trash-tv feel free to share, not that I am beyond it. Btw you introduce me to tjump ;)
btw i think i have once or twice shared some trash-talk by tjump so that BK is aware of it and can make his own decisions whether to debate him again. i think he has already decided not to, which is fair enough.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Mark Tetzner wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:40 am Dana I am not looking for trash I was actually looking for something else and then found it. Since I am not so active in this forum I thought I ask if there is a thread here about it that I missed or if he has been strangled by BK already. Who is the pugilistic antagonist you are talking about?
You do seem to remain intrigued by the trash talking BK bashers, even as you seem to agree that they're talking trash. It did once hold some fascination for me too, but not so much now, as I'm now far more interested in how idealism can be taken further into areas it would seem BK would rather not venture into. In any case, as far as I know, BK, who is the 'pugilistic protagonist' referred to, has not responded to the video you shared. If that's an indication that he's losing interest in the trash-talking too, I guess remains to be seen.