Rudolf Steiner: Vaccines to Kill The Soul?!

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Steiner on Vaccines

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:25 pm
AshvinP wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:23 pm I don't know too much about vaccines, but I thought they use the virus to block the virus in some way. The analogy is really to anything that may be designed, consciously or subconsciously, to materialize-mechanize our soul-life at a deep biological or physiological level, especially administered early in a person's cognitive development.

Maybe it should be called Omni-cron, because it does seem to be everywhere. I am trying to catch a plane later today, but United has already cancelled 2k+ flights. I am sure there are a fair amount of cases where people catch a winter cold but it's reported as an infection.
Yes, I can better see your point, with that clarification.

Hope you can realize your travel plans in the face of all this highly provisional, often apparently whimsically-in-flux, mind-jerk, ass-covering reactions from the so-called experts, also at times contradicting each other's conclusions. In that regard, while not necessarily offering much in the way of new ideas, or answers, and possibly inviting some politico trigger-effect, this recent interview with Charles Eisenstein, tangentially related to this topic once it gets into the nuanced deconstruction of the enemy-projecting, conspiracy-mongering, blame-game mentality that now pervades much of the Covid-age conversation, may be worth a listen ... Navigating Our Evolutionary/Metamorphosing Times:
WHEW! Just an important actual-factual. Flights are not being cancelled in order to slow the spread of Omicron. They are being cancelled because when lots of people get sick at the same time there are not enough workers to staff vital functions. Omicron is milder but not a minor experience. Its very high infectibility or fast spread will generate worker shortages and significant societal challenges beyond purely health issues.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

AshvinP wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:23 pm
Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:18 pm
AshvinP wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:29 am Here's another thought - If Steiner had substituted "vaccine" for "digital computer virus", and everything else spoken remained the same ...
Of course this is not an accurate analogy, because the 'vaccine' in this case would correspond to the anti-virus 'fix' or 'patch'.

On another note, call me woo-ish, but is anyone else beginning to wonder if this virus is now being transmitted like a thought-form meme, without requiring any corporeal interaction? My spouse and I haven't left the house in about 2 weeks, not wanting to jeopardize our plan to board a plane, and now she has cold symptoms typical of Omicron? Could it be, news junkie that she is, addicted to the daily stats updates about cases 'alarmingly skyrocketing/raging'—to paraphrase the attention-grabbing clickbait headlines—this is psychosomatic power of suggestion, or what?

I don't know too much about vaccines, but I thought they use the virus to block the virus in some way. The analogy is really to anything that may be designed, consciously or subconsciously, to materialize-mechanize our soul-life at a deep biological or physiological level, especially administered early in a person's cognitive development.

Maybe it should be called Omni-cron, because it does seem to be everywhere. I am trying to catch a plane later today, but United has already cancelled 2k+ flights. I am sure there are a fair amount of cases where people catch a winter cold but it's reported as an infection.
Vaccines train the immune system to recognize a threat. Some use live viruses that have been attenuated. Others use dead viruses. The new mRNA vaccines trigger the body to create a protein that is part of the spike on the COVID virus so they do not have a complete virus in any form. There is actually something of a homeopathic principle behind them - they make the body better able to defend itself.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:47 pm Flights are not being cancelled in order to slow the spread of Omicron ... They are being cancelled because when lots of people get sick at the same time there are not enough workers to staff vital functions.
Huh ? ... How are these statements not obviously correlated? The rationale is, fewer flights>less travelling/gathering>slower spread>less folks getting sick at the same time>more workers available. And it may well be a well-founded strategy. Anyway, this topic isn't about debating best strategies for dealing with Covid, but about exploring what are the psycho-spiritual implications of it all.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:20 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:47 pm Flights are not being cancelled in order to slow the spread of Omicron ... They are being cancelled because when lots of people get sick at the same time there are not enough workers to staff vital functions.
Huh ? ... How are these statements not obviously correlated? The rationale is, fewer flights>less travelling/gathering>slower spread>less folks getting sick at the same time>more workers available. And it may well be a well-founded strategy. Anyway, this topic isn't about debating best strategies for dealing with Covid, but about exploring what are the psycho-spiritual implications of it all.
What is most concerning is how these things work against spiritual freedom at the time we need to nurture the impulse towards it most. More and more people take cues from whatever they are told in brief sound bites, as if that is just the normal way of living and making decisions, rather than what they can Think for themselves. It's not even a question of what is "true" or "false" about Covid, but how the soul responds in the face of uncertainty and difficult circumstances. Even before the pandemic, things were pretty bad in this regard, but now there is a whole new superstructure of dependence added on and it won't dissolve away even if all strains are eradicated. There are entire political economic, and cultural systems built on preserving it at this point. Fortunately, this cannot dictate what any individual chooses to do. It can only make it harder to perceive the option to evolve our Thinking organism, but we here have hopefully perceived that to some extent, despite the ever-persistent obstacles.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

AshvinP wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:12 pm
What is most concerning is how these things work against spiritual freedom ....
Or another take is that this is exactly the 'jolt' to the status quo needed as the impetus to precipitate its decomposition, so integral to metamophosing toward that freedom, by emphasizing what fear-based constriction/contraction/confliction occurs when it is resisted. Here I feel more motivated than ever to be free of that limitation ... I feel positively excited by it all, rather than negatively trepidatious.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:54 pm
Or another take is that this is exactly the 'jolt' to the status quo needed as the impetus to precipitate its decomposition, so integral to metamophosing toward that freedom, by emphasizing what fear-based constriction/contraction/confliction occurs when it is resisted. Here I feel more motivated than ever to be free of that limitation ... I feel positively excited by it all, rather than negatively trepidatious.

Dana, let's not confuse correlation with cause. My point is that worker shortage instead of policy mandates are causing the current flight cancellations. Indeed, government mandated cancellations, such as to southern Africa, are presently being relaxed or eliminated. But let's move toward the psycho-spiritual concerns you prefer. There are two perspectives that I find especially intriguing...

1) Times of significantly deep change (paradigm shift, hitting the wall, rebirthing, etc), often called the 'initiation phase', present a realistically difficult balancing challenge of finding a way between Apocalypse and Revelation, which like danger-and-opportunity are co-arising events. I do grok that you feel positively excited by it all and I can resonate with this feeling. I live in the home of a very intelligent and spiritually aware medical doctor who regularly performs Covid duties at the hospital and must deal with the fearsome apocalyptic aspects, which demand a great deal of compassion. I am simply saying let's not idolize the Revelation at the expense of recognizing the level of compassion demanded by Apocalypse. I believe we are being called toward new levels of caring, sharing and learning, which present many tests and challenges through which we perform our integrative transformations.

2) I'm not deeply familiar with Steiner but my impression is that his "vaccine lecture" occurred at a time (a century ago) when vaccination held the status of a "latest greatest technofix" and that it would have been quite appropriate to warn against its idolization. Considering historical context, Covid vaccination may no longer be the "latest greatest" of equivalent comparison. Nowadays, it may be more appropriate to focus on genetic engineering, human-AI hybridization, algorithmic solutions, microdosing psychedelics or similar to see the modern threats of idolization. It intrigues me that Yuval Harari, who is not viewed favorably on the forum, is a leading voice warning of this dangerous territory. In general, I see BK as warning against the idolization of mechanistic materialist reductionism. Are there leading contemporary idealists who are warning against the idolization of technofixes?
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:07 am I believe we are being called toward new levels of caring, sharing and learning, which present many tests and challenges through which we perform our integrative transformations.
That is the challenge I'm excited about. Trepidation does not feel helpful.
Are there leading contemporary idealists who are warning against the idolization of technofixes?
I would think that profound psycho-spiritual healing, integration and metamorphosis based in an integral understanding of the cosmos as ever-evolving idea-construction must eventually prevail, informed by the true soul powers that be, without which interim technofixes alone are insufficient—albeit it must ultimately be both/and, as the tech is idea-construction too. In any case, I suspect we're going find out one way or the other in the not too distant years to come. So I focus on being, as best I know how, the change I know at heart is possible. ❤
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:10 am
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:07 am I believe we are being called toward new levels of caring, sharing and learning, which present many tests and challenges through which we perform our integrative transformations.
That is the challenge I'm excited about. Trepidation does not feel helpful.
Are there leading contemporary idealists who are warning against the idolization of technofixes?
I would think that profound psycho-spiritual healing, integration and metamorphosis based in an integral understanding of the cosmos as ever-evolving idea-construction must eventually prevail, informed by the true soul powers that be, without which interim technofixes alone are insufficient—albeit it must ultimately be both/and, as the tech is idea-construction too. In any case, I suspect we're going find out one way or the other in the not too distant years to come. So I focus on being, as best I know how, the change I know at heart is possible. ❤
"That is the challenge I'm excited about. Trepidation does not feel helpful."

Surely not helpful for us to personally feel trepidation but it may be necessary to compassionately feel the trepidation of others in order to be helpful.

"So I focus on being, as best I know how, the change I know at heart is possible. ❤"

May you and your heartfelt way be blessed.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:54 pm

Merry Christmas!

This day should really highlight that spiritual evolution towards freedom is not something which will happen to us. It is something we must bring about in ourselves. I say recent developments are concerning because the circumstances have obscured one simple fact from most people - our savior will not be coming to us in any form, secular or religious, because he already came 2000 years ago. He already overturned the status quo, so now it's our choice to concretely participate in what he accomplished for us. This high ideal of Christ can be the most fruitful motivation if we allow it to be. We on this forum are fortunate to be aware of the evolutionary Christ impulse, so it has not been obscured for us anymore. It is just there waiting to blossom and bear fruit from within, to transfigure our thinking and resurrect our idolized abstractions into new life.

The new mutation of consciousness, on the other hand, as a consequence of arationality, receives its decisive stamp from the manifest perceptual emergence of the spiritual....

Two apocryphal statements of Christian doctrine clarify in their way what is meant here: “This world is a bridge, cross it but do not make of it your dwelling place,”2 and “I have chosen you before the earth began.” They point to the spiritual origin prior to all spatio-temporal materialization. We may regard such materialization as a bridge that makes possible the merging or coalescence, the concrescere of origin and the present. The great church father Irenaeus presumably had these sayings in mind when he stated: “Blessed is he who was before the coming of man.”4 We have seen him; he revealed himself in space and time. In his departure he was beheld by his disciples in his transparency, a transparency appropriate only to the spiritual origin (if anything can be appropriated to it), the transparency which a time-free and ego-free person can presentiate in the most fortunate certainty of life. The grand and painful path of consciousness emergence, or, more appropriately, the unfolding and intensification of consciousness, manifests itself as an increasingly intense luminescence of the spiritual in man.

- Jean Gebser, The Ever-Present Origin
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

AshvinP wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:37 pm
Merry Christmas!

This day should really highlight that spiritual evolution towards freedom is not something which will happen to us. It is something we must bring about in ourselves. I say recent developments are concerning because the circumstances have obscured one simple fact from most people - our savior will not be coming to us in any form, secular or religious, because he already came 2000 years ago. He already overturned the status quo, so now it's our choice to concretely participate in what he accomplished for us. This high ideal of Christ can be the most fruitful motivation if we allow it to be. We on this forum are fortunate to be aware of the evolutionary Christ impulse, so it has not been obscured for us anymore. It is just there waiting to blossom and bear fruit from within, to transfigure our thinking and resurrect our idolized abstractions into new life.

The new mutation of consciousness, on the other hand, as a consequence of arationality, receives its decisive stamp from the manifest perceptual emergence of the spiritual....

Two apocryphal statements of Christian doctrine clarify in their way what is meant here: “This world is a bridge, cross it but do not make of it your dwelling place,”2 and “I have chosen you before the earth began.” They point to the spiritual origin prior to all spatio-temporal materialization. We may regard such materialization as a bridge that makes possible the merging or coalescence, the concrescere of origin and the present. The great church father Irenaeus presumably had these sayings in mind when he stated: “Blessed is he who was before the coming of man.”4 We have seen him; he revealed himself in space and time. In his departure he was beheld by his disciples in his transparency, a transparency appropriate only to the spiritual origin (if anything can be appropriated to it), the transparency which a time-free and ego-free person can presentiate in the most fortunate certainty of life. The grand and painful path of consciousness emergence, or, more appropriately, the unfolding and intensification of consciousness, manifests itself as an increasingly intense luminescence of the spiritual in man.

- Jean Gebser, The Ever-Present Origin
Son of Man. Son of God. Both/and. The choice was given to us, for which we celebrate with gratitude.