Latest marathon interview with BK

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Latest marathon interview with BK

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

BK devotes over 4 hours to an interview on a YT channel with 474 subscribers (meanwhile Jordan Peterson with 4.2 million YT subscribers seems to have disregarded repeated suggestions to invite BK for a chat) ... I guess we're left with the slow-and-steady, incremental progress theory ;)

Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
findingblanks

Re: Latest marathon interview with BK

Post by findingblanks »

And they have an entire chapter on Sam Harris!

I'll undoubtedly listen to this entire conversation, but would love to hear from people in this space if they hear any new metaphors or interesting ways that BK explicates his model.

Thanks to all in advance.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:48 pm BK devotes over 4 hours to an interview on a YT channel with 474 subscribers (meanwhile Jordan Peterson with 4.2 million YT subscribers seems to have disregarded repeated suggestions to invite BK for a chat) ... I guess we're left with the slow-and-steady, incremental progress theory ;)

Notably, JP also won't chat with Gabor Maté who is a fellow Canadian with a respectful demeanor and a big following. I believe that a
debate on the topic of "Conscientiousness or Compassion: Compatible or Not?" would be fascinating.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

On alters: I've noticed some things with different states of mind I've had and have and what allows me to use more of my overall 'prowess'. Personally, it seems like alters that're created closer to your birth or developmental period can exude a greater control over your biological processes and emotions for things such as panic management or anxiety.

I've never had it to where my memories are entirely segregated but it is true that different memories get different 'priorities' dependent on which one is allowed control
Mark Tetzner

Post by Mark Tetzner »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:48 pm BK devotes over 4 hours to an interview on a YT channel with 474 subscribers (meanwhile Jordan Peterson with 4.2 million YT subscribers seems to have disregarded repeated suggestions to invite BK for a chat) ... I guess we're left with the slow-and-steady, incremental progress theory ;)

:lol:

But thanks for sharing will watch this later.