Consciousness

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AaronAames

Consciousness

Post by AaronAames »

Idealism, Panpsychism push the idea that reality is "fundamentally" mental. It's as if these models have a big red button, an emergency exit, a trap door they can use when push comes to shove in a contentious debate, where they allow an element of materialism to worm its way into the conversation.
Frankly, it's as if adherents to both are not "fundamentally" committed to the core beliefs that either model espouses.
Furthermore, neither Idealism nor Panpsychism really provide any kind of intuitive structural scheme to imbue framework to their concepts. It all just seems to take place… somewhere, not satisfyingly addressed.
And that's a problem.
People need a sense of structure, especially if there IS a structure! And there obviously is.

Consciousness is all that exists.
Axiomatic to Consciousness is Perception In Consciousness, that is, a universal truth of Consciousness is it contains Perception of Self and Not-Self.
This Consciousness exists as a Consciousness Singularity.
This Consciousness Singularity represents Primary Consciousness (Mind-At-Large).
To get a visual image of this singularity, think of an outside light on a dark, foggy night, a fuzzy, indistinct area of brightness.
Primary Consciousness partitions itself into separately self-identifying bits of Consciousness which are Secondary Consciousness.
I posit this is an approximate model of our true nature; timeless, self perpetuating, eternal, of one essence. You cannot physically die if you do not physically exist.
We experience periodic iterations wherein we are immersed within a Sensory Module, limiting our capacities, challenging our maturity, and leading to the potential for growth and enhancement of being.
You might conflate Primary Consciousness with the notion of God. However, in this view, there is no need for a God, only a superior Consciousness.
We are Secondary Consciousness, but remember we are identical to Primary Consciousness in ontological essence. We are part of a Community of Consciousness, part of an unimaginable Whole, and without you, the Whole is incomplete. This alone gives value and purpose, meaning to our existence.
You existence required a conscious choice followed by an Act of Will, making you a deliberate act of creation, not a random quirk of "natural law."
Your perception of the material world is real.
The material world is not.
We are eternal, limitless beings experiencing iterations within sensory perceptions.
I refer to this model as OBSERVISM.
findingblanks

Re: Consciousness

Post by findingblanks »

"People need a sense of structure, especially if there IS a structure! And there obviously is."

Yep. But due to all sorts of various intellectual styles, needs, biases, histories, frames, one person's solid structure is another person's soup. So I agree with your basic statement there, but I don't agree that you are offering 'more' structure than, say, Bernardo does. Thanks for sharing. I can't currently take the time to carefully go over your presentation and comment on it astutely but I really was pulled by your opening frame. Interesting stuff.