Survival

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Jim Cross

Re: Survival

Post by Jim Cross »

Science still can be true but it has to be expanded. If the paranormal gets accepted then we will have an expanded science but that does not mean that the laws of physics do not exist and biology is bullshit. This argument is simply not true.......
Freebie,

You didn't read the Skeptical Inquirer article, did you?

The problem is that if psi is true, huge parts of science would be false and those parts have a huge amount of evidence in their favor. Among the science mentioned are causality, time’s arrow, thermodynamics, and the inverse square law.

So nothing about psi can be true unless it operates so much at the edge and margins of current science that its effects are nearly undetectable which , however, would also make its effects useless.
Freefrommainstream

Post by Freefrommainstream »

Jim Cross wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:05 pm
Science still can be true but it has to be expanded. If the paranormal gets accepted then we will have an expanded science but that does not mean that the laws of physics do not exist and biology is bullshit. This argument is simply not true.......
Freebie,

The problem is that if psi is true, huge parts of science would be false and those parts have a huge amount of evidence in their favor. Among the science mentioned are causality, time’s arrow, thermodynamics, and the inverse square law.

So nothing about psi can be true unless it operates so much at the edge and margins of current science that its effects are nearly undetectable which , however, would also make its effects useless.
You also can not measure conciousness because it is simply not material and these phenomena require conciousness, conciousness is not bound to the material world this is why psi is possible. But we still clearly do not fully understand psi ,this does not mean that it does not exist. I can say that remote viewing changed my life and that I got extremely accurate resulst from it, I am not the only one who says this.....If you want official evidence I can send you official research papers from the society of psychical research. Dm me if you want a deeper discussion.
The demon of life traps you into his own thinking and will never let you go
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

Freefrommainstream wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:32 pm
Freebie,

You also can not measure conciousness because it is simply not material and these phenomena require conciousness, conciousness is not bound to the material world this is why psi is possible. But we still clearly do not fully understand psi ,this does not mean that it does not exist. I can say that remote viewing changed my life and that I got extremely accurate resulst from it, I am not the only one who says this.....If you want official evidence I can send you official research papers from the society of psychical research. Dm me if you want a deeper discussion.
You can't expand science by incorporating something you cannot measure.

Consciousness and psi are not the same topic. Consciousness exists and is material. Psi is wishful thinking and misinterpretation.
Freefrommainstream

Jim Cross wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:01 pm

Freebie,

Consciousness and psi are not the same topic. Consciousness exists and is material. Psi is wishful thinking and misinterpretation.
I think we should end this discussion, even if I would show you evidence then you would still think it is wishful thinking.
Freefrommainstream

Freebie,

And by the way, the physicsworld article I sent you should show that psi is widely accepted by many scientists and not only by some random quacks which live in a woo woo world. "Psi is wishful thinking and misinterpretation." This is the typical James Randi pseudo-skeptical argument, please debunk the mass of evidence which is provided by professional parapsychological organisations, only then you can talk about wishful thinking.

Unless you debunk every experiment made by the SPR since 1882 every statement against psi research is only hot air.
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

True one can't extend science beyond our ability to measure - but (as with Einstein) it is possible to make predictions ahead of our ability to measure.

Re consciousness, scientifically, it has not been measured, or even found or observed. We can observe/measure specific coorelatates to consciousness.
Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

Freebie,

Matter exist and is consciousness?
Consciousness exists and is material.
Prove it to us.
Show us wich concrete experience give us that knowledge.
Explain how consciousness can arise out of pure quantities.
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~