Global Goddess Traditions

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Global Goddess Traditions

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

This one goes out to you know who, which rhymes with Lou, in hope of some MU ...

Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Global Goddess Traditions

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

I should perhaps also add a caveat, this discussion contains references to Steiner's take on Anthroposophia ;)
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

I liked it and am not at all disturbed by the references to Steiner, whose works clearly qualify as a wisdom tradition and spiritual path. In this regard, the stellar work of Becca Tarnas in archetypal astrology and explication of Jung and Tolkien clearly reflects her Waldorf School education. The return of the Mother is clearly an emergent theme in many forms along diverse paths both spiritual and not. In my view, it is one of the most fundamental ancient/future both/and themes and has led me many times to ask at this forum, "Where is the Mother?"

With regard to Sophia, consider Proverbs 8:22-31, which states:

“The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works,
before his deeds of old;
I was formed long ages ago,
at the very beginning, when the world came to be.

Hard to get more ancient than that. :mrgreen:
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:24 pm "Where is the Mother?"
How do you know I'm not transgender? ;) Alas the best I can offer is a deep embrace and expression of this psyche's anima aspect ... Come here big fella, and touch a little piece of her heart.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:46 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:24 pm "Where is the Mother?"
How do you know I'm not transgender? ;) Alas the best I can offer is a deep embrace and expression of this psyche's anima aspect ... Come here big fella, and touch a little piece of her heart.

No problem as long as you are able to perform the generative function. Just don't reduce Her to only providing comfort. One way or another, She is gonna bat last as the household boss of ecology. As Lynn Margulis famously noted, "Gaia is a tough bitch."
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:59 pmNo problem as long as you are able to perform the generative function.
The significant other, a great mother, says I can generate a good amount of corporeal warmth ;) ... Having never womb-carried or birthed child, from what I've seen of it secondhand, for sure a mother must one tough gal. Mind you, the way surgical and genetic intervention is going, who knows if some male grandchildren may become child-bearing mothers, and not just surrogate stay-at-home-dad ones—which I found challenging enough.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:17 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:59 pmNo problem as long as you are able to perform the generative function.
The significant other, a great mother, says I can generate a good amount of corporeal warmth ;) ... Having never womb-carried or birthed child, from what I've seen of it secondhand, for sure a mother must one tough gal. Mind you, the way surgical intervention is going, who knows if some male grandchildren may become child-bearing mothers, and not just surrogate stay-at-home-dad ones—which I found challenging enough.
Indeed, we exist in a rapidly changing world. For example, 80% of the middle-class expectant moms in Brazilian private hospitals now give birth via C-section. I'm sure that this will have developmental consequences.