Deeper reading, Steeper Art

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Martin_

Re: Deeper reading, Steeper Art

Post by Martin_ »

Do I get a cookie if I can guess what you mean?
"I don't understand." /Unknown
findingblanks

Post by findingblanks »

Cleric, so when your immediate response to my question was:

"You've once again taken a sentence in isolation and try asking questions about it in a way which the whole quote especially warns against..."

You did NOT think you had understood my question?? That confuses me. It seems you at least thought you had a reasonable take on what I was supposedly doing 'again.' Genuinely confused.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

findingblanks wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:47 pm Cleric, so when your immediate response to my question was:

"You've once again taken a sentence in isolation and try asking questions about it in a way which the whole quote especially warns against..."

You did NOT think you had understood my question?? That confuses me. It seems you at least thought you had a reasonable take on what I was supposedly doing 'again.' Genuinely confused.
The confusion will become clear to you. But let's simply continue our dialog as if my first post hasn't been written. Let's suppose I started directly with my atheistic description. How would that dialog proceed?
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

findingblanks wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:27 pm You don't know what 'psychoanalysis' means. Or you are using it colloquially and then, yes, you constantly are psychoanalyzing. Either way, I stand by my request and my claim that he of course can justify ignoring it. That's how the world works. It can be nice and fun and frustrating, especially if you know the right way that people need to respond to you. Soul recently used the word 'goad' in this group. He talked about his own goading of somebody. I asked my co-workers if they think there is a wide range of interpreting what 'goading' would be. They all said yes. I agree. I love that word. And I really appreciate a good goading, in both directions. It feels very different than shadow projections. But we probably all agree that there can be a fuzzy boundary when the one merges into the other. That's gotta be okay. I know, I know...some will claim they know exactly when one is happening and the other isn't. And, yes, I admit that I think that kind of certainty is an expression of their sweet ol' shadow. And mine. Thanks.
It doesn't matter what you call it, the meaning of what you are doing is clear to everyone but you. There should not be 2 pages of comments without you revealing your secretly intended point in the OP. That only comes from someone posting for their own amusement and not to reach a genuine understanding with others. But let's see how psycho-cryptically you can avoid Cleric's last question...
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
findingblanks

Post by findingblanks »

Although, Martin, there is something to be said for concision!
findingblanks

Post by findingblanks »

"That only comes from someone posting for their own amusement..."

Thanks Ashvin! If you can find another spot for us to chat your style, link me to it and it can be like our old romping grounds.
findingblanks

Post by findingblanks »

Cleric said,

"Let's suppose I started directly with my atheistic description. How would that dialog proceed?"

Okay, it sounds like your atheist either accepts Anthroposophy ("When the Anthro(Man)Sophia(Wisdom) is embraced...") or they are saying something like, "So the experience that an Anthroposophist refers to as embracing the Anthro(Man)Sophia(Winsdom)..."

Before I waste our time I should make sure you meant the latter.
findingblanks

Post by findingblanks »

Hey Martin. I don't see a quote associated with your funny comment about cookies so I don't know if it was addressed to me or not.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

findingblanks wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:50 am "That only comes from someone posting for their own amusement..."

Thanks Ashvin! If you can find another spot for us to chat your style, link me to it and it can be like our old romping grounds.

Actually I will just apologize. Because it just occurred to me - and this is something I struggle to remember - that you may not feel "posting for amusement" is a negative thing. I am thinking it probably sounds like a silly criticism to quite a few people here. So I shouldn't be so quick to attach moral judgments on these things. Many of us are simply playing out the logical progression of our initial assumptions.

But, no, I seriously don't want our old romping grounds to manifest here or anywhere else, so I will bow out of this thread for now and just observe.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

findingblanks wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:58 am Cleric said,

"Let's suppose I started directly with my atheistic description. How would that dialog proceed?"

Okay, it sounds like your atheist either accepts Anthroposophy ("When the Anthro(Man)Sophia(Wisdom) is embraced...") or they are saying something like, "So the experience that an Anthroposophist refers to as embracing the Anthro(Man)Sophia(Winsdom)..."

Before I waste our time I should make sure you meant the latter.
Yes, it's the latter. My atheist doesn't like the idea of spooky 'beings'. He seeks scientific alternative for the words. Something with energy, vibrations, information.