Cleric and Eugene on "Thinking" and The Central Topic

Here both posters and comments will be restricted to topic-specific discourse. Comments should directly address the original post and poster. Comments and/or links that are deemed to be too digressive or off-topic, may be deleted by a moderator.
AshvinP

Re: Cleric and Eugene on "Thinking" and The Central Topic

Post by AshvinP »

TriloByte wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:22 pm
Eugene I. wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:17 pm
So again, IMO for the wholistic approach a fusion of both is needed.
I would agree. I think that was what Scott Roberts was doing, integrating BK idealism, non-dualism and Steinerian Science in one philosophy. I don’t know if he is still working in that regard. Sadly he doesn’t write in this forum as much as he did before.

Indeed we can integrate all three, and if people simply read what Cleric, Scott, or myself have written here carefully, they will perceive that's exactly what "Steinerian Science" does. Integrating does not mean stitching together pieces of different worldviews here and there like an irregular and illogical patchwork quilt, but penetrating to the deeper layers of meaning, the higher ideal vantage points, which give rise to and make sense of all three you list above and many more. That is the natural conclusion of any consistent monist idealism which recognizes an essentially unified ideal reality. All it takes is ounce of good will, humility, and effort, and this integral nature of PoF and SS will be perceived clearly.

Steiner, Goethean Science wrote:This makes it explainable to us how people can have such different concepts, such different views of reality, in spite of the fact that reality can, after all, only be one. The difference lies in the difference between our intellectual worlds. This sheds light for us upon the development of the different scientific standpoints. We understand where the many philosophical standpoints originate, and do not need to bestow the palm of truth exclusively upon one of them. We also know which standpoint we ourselves have to take with respect to the multiplicity of human views. We will not ask exclusively: What is true, what is false? We will always investigate how the intellectual world of a thinker goes forth from the world harmony; we will seek to understand and not to judge negatively and regard at once as error that which does not correspond with our own view. Another source of differentiation between our scientific standpoints is added to this one through the fact that every individual person has a different field of experience. Each person is indeed confronted, as it were, by one section of the whole of reality. His intellect works upon this and is his mediator on the way to the idea. But even though we all do therefore perceive the same idea, still we always do this from different places. Therefore, only the end result to which we come can be the same; our paths, however, can be different. It absolutely does not matter at all whether the individual judgments and concepts of which our knowing consists correspond to each other or not; the only thing that matters is that they ultimately lead us to the point that we are swimming in the main channel of the idea. And all human beings must ultimately meet each other in this channel if energetic thinking leads them out of and beyond their own particular standpoints.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

I would agree. I think that was what Scott Roberts was doing, integrating BK idealism, non-dualism and Steinerian Science in one philosophy. I don’t know if he is still working in that regard. Sadly he doesn’t write in this forum as much as he did before.
Hi TriloByte ... Thanks for your comment. Just a reminder to all, as per the new guidelines posted here, in this sub-forum, initial posts should first address the original post and poster, before addressing other posters who are already engaged in discussing the OP, in order to avoid getting into offshoot discussions within the main discussion, that tend to veer away from focusing on the OP.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Eugene I.

Post by Eugene I. »

TriloByte wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:22 pm I think that was what Scott Roberts was doing, integrating BK idealism, non-dualism and Steinerian Science in one philosophy. I don’t know if he is still working in that regard. Sadly he doesn’t write in this forum as much as he did before.
Yes, I agree, he is spot on with his fromless-form mumorphism.
ScottRoberts

Post by ScottRoberts »

To conform to Dana's guidelines, I will respond in a separate topic.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

ScottRoberts wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:18 pm

To conform to Dana's guidelines, I will respond in a separate topic.
Thanks Scott, you read my mind as I was just about to suggest that.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
TriloByte

Post by TriloByte »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:04 pm Hi TriloByte ... Thanks for your comment. Just a reminder to all, as per the new guidelines posted here, in this sub-forum, initial posts should first address the original post and poster, before addressing other posters who are already engaged in discussing the OP, in order to avoid getting into offshoot discussions within the main discussion, that tend to veer away from focusing on the OP.
Sorry for that, Dana, I get it.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

mikekatz wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:31 pm Hi Cleric
Hi Mike,
I'm replying about the funnel and the tunnel in a new thread because it turned out to be quite long. Actually the more concrete reply will be in Part 2.
mikekatz

Post by mikekatz »

Cleric K wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:28 pm
mikekatz wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:31 pm Hi Cleric
Hi Mike,
I'm replying about the funnel and the tunnel in a new thread because it turned out to be quite long. Actually the more concrete reply will be in Part 2.
👍
Mike