seed's etheric body

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
findingblanks

seed's etheric body

Post by findingblanks »

How many people know somebody (or many people) who can reliably look at a seed and observe it's 'life body,' 'aura,' or 'etheric body' (basically any term that the individual uses to point to the objective perception they have)?

I'm not so much asking about people who have spontaneously and randomly perceived other aspects of the seed. I'm asking about people who have stabilized the capacity.

Thanks.
Ben Iscatus

Re: seed's etheric body

Post by Ben Iscatus »

Well, in the absence of any replies so far, FB, I'll venture this: I know nobody who can do this, though I do believe it's possible. I know a wart charmer, does that count? I think the idea that we will one day develop these abilities (clairvoyance, spirit sight, etc) is promissory spiritualism. I know that if I practice all my life to master the piano, I'll never have the skill of a 4 year old I can find on Youtube. The power of natural talent comes not from me.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Ben Iscatus wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:16 am Well, in the absence of any replies so far, FB, I'll venture this: I know nobody who can do this, though I do believe it's possible. I know a wart charmer, does that count? I think the idea that we will one day develop these abilities (clairvoyance, spirit sight, etc) is promissory spiritualism. I know that if I practice all my life to master the piano, I'll never have the skill of a 4 year old I can find on Youtube. The power of natural talent comes not from me.

Is there any reason for why you think it is "promissory spiritualism"? Ironically, it is the development of Imaginative thinking (spiritual sight) which would provide you with the ability to transcend your imagined limitations on the piano, reconciling you a good deal with the "natural talent" of others. But since you have ruled out such things a priori, your own imagined limitation will become your reality. So it is with everything related to Thinking and higher cognition, and even Earthly life in general, and the perceived divisions between the qualities and talents of individual people and groups. Our talents may not be exactly the same, but there is no warrant for limiting spritual capacity in general, which is exactly the capacity with the power to heal the divisions and harmonize the talents. It is the reification (idolizing) of our own personal limitations at any given time which ensures our capacities will remain exactly where we picture them to be eternally set in stone, yet we will blame everyone and everything else for this stagnation.

In response to FB's question, I will offer for consideration here Cleric's excellent Thought-provoking post from the other thread:

Cleric wrote:This is a powerful metaphor and if followed carefully it can help us understand many things. Even if the explorer was to show the smartphone to the natives, there are so many things that must be in place if it is to be understood. The device in itself, as a physical object, only has its full meaning when placed in the right meaningful context. And this practically means that large part of the whole complicated dynamics of modern civilization must be understood.

It is no different with spiritual matters. When something like 'etheric body' is heard, one usually imagines that this is something which can be understood in isolation. For example, FB asks in the other thread if someone knows someone who has seen etheric body. But for most people this places things in very misleading context. It makes it sound as seeing an etheric body is like seeing additional color, some fluffy energetic cloud around living objects. This can in fact happen in certain cases but is not at all the ideal that we must be striving for. This would actually be spiritual regress, it would be a return to atavistic state. It would be like mathematically illiterate people seeing ∫integral. Yes, the outer form ∫ can be seen but to understand it, we need the whole meaningful context of many fields of mathematics. These concepts form interconnected living fabric. Even though we focus on just one concept, it would never have its meaning if all other concepts were not implicit in the background to support it. It's the same with everything - for example, the smartphone. It would never have for us the meaning it has if we hadn't unknowingly accumulated throughout our life all other knowledge which forms the implicit context where 'smartphone' fits only as the cherry on the cake.

Before we see etheric bodies in Nature we must 'see' them in ourselves. This seeing is not simply an additional visual layer. We begin to gain consciousness of our etheric body when we begin to recognize the 'shapes' of the thinking gestures that we perform when we think. Mostly we use combination of the etheric larynx and the etheric brain when we think our verbal thoughts. But we can think, for example, with our hands too. People born deaf think in sign language, they think with etheric hand gestures, instead of larynx gestures (verbal thoughts). So our own etheric body we don't simply see as something external but we probe with our spiritual activity from within. When we can feel our thinking in any part of the body, we gain some feeling for the etheric body. Every part of the body has its own gestures. Not everywhere we can assert our own will. Actually at our current stage, only in the larynx-head-hands system we have relative freedom to express our "I". In other parts of the etheric body our thinking confronts something that we can't easily subdue. In that case it's more appropriate to say that with the shapes of thinking we perceive the geometry of the etheric, while in the head we have more of a flexible space which we can shape through our own will. Thinking feels differently in the toe, in the liver, in the heart, in the hands, in the larynx and head. When thinking leaves the bounds of the body we can experience the thinking gestures in living Nature around us, as if our own etheric body has expanded and now is fused with that of Nature (there has never been hard boundary actually). In the same way we feel our thinking gestures in the larynx, we now feel thinking gestures of Nature in the expanded etheric body. These gestures don't proceed from our own will but we learn to resonate with them. So we see how different picture this draws in comparison to seeing colorful blobs.

The disconnect is not really insurmountable but it really requires certain effort to surmount. If there was such a hard boundary between levels of cognition it would never be possible for a baby to acquire language (which is shapes of thinking). There's so much we can learn from language acquisition.

The exciting thing is that in our age we don't need to resort to simply being irradiated with spiritual language until our thinking begins to grasp its higher order (although this also a perfectly valid method and works just as good as with babies). But the beautiful thing is that we can also approach this language in a much more conscious and certain way. The reason is that in our normal thinking we already have a point of overlap with the same spiritual activity which is used in the higher orders. In other words, we can find TCOTCT and gradually work our way, expanding into higher order spiritual gestures.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

AshvinP wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 pm
Ben Iscatus wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:16 am Well, in the absence of any replies so far, FB, I'll venture this: I know nobody who can do this, though I do believe it's possible. I know a wart charmer, does that count? I think the idea that we will one day develop these abilities (clairvoyance, spirit sight, etc) is promissory spiritualism. I know that if I practice all my life to master the piano, I'll never have the skill of a 4 year old I can find on Youtube. The power of natural talent comes not from me.

Is there any reason for why you think it is "promissory spiritualism"? Ironically, it is the development of Imaginative thinking (spiritual sight) which would provide you with the ability to transcend your imagined limitations on the piano, reconciling you a good deal with the "natural talent" of others. But since you have ruled out such things a priori, your own imagined limitation will become your reality. So it is with everything related to Thinking and higher cognition, and even Earthly life in general, and the perceived divisions between the qualities and talents of individual people and groups. Our talents may not be exactly the same, but there is no warrant for limiting spritual capacity in general, which is exactly the capacity with the power to heal the divisions and harmonize the talents. It is the reification (idolizing) of our own personal limitations at any given time which ensures our capacities will remain exactly where we picture them to be eternally set in stone, yet we will blame everyone and everything else for this stagnation.

In response to FB's question, I will offer for consideration here Cleric's excellent Thought-provoking post from the other thread:

Just to clarify, as I think it is also very clear from Cleric's postings on this topic, developing higher cognition takes an immense amount of dedication and practice to hone the craft, just as learning an instrument or any other craft. So I am not claiming these things will magically manifest in us. Only that they have zero chance of manifesting if we rule them out to begin with.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"