No Objective Space or Time = No Free Will or Events

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

Re: No Objective Space or Time = No Free Will or Events

Post by AshvinP »

findingblanks wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:32 am Many of of the things that you refer to as BK's 'conclusions' strike me has hypotheses that he holds with various degrees of strength. For instance, whenever I hear him speak about what an 'individual' is, I hear him make various distinctions that let him acknowledge that the concept can point to a very specific phenmomena without having to make an ontological commitment that ignores his suspicion that the so-called 'individual' is reducible to the reduction base of his primitive. He typically does a good job of showing which aspects of his model are strong conclusions that would wreck his theory if shown to be false versus speculations and hunches he holds. For instance, his model can easily accommodate various levels of spiritual beings even though it does not insist upon it nor presuppose it.

Yes, I suppose that is one way most philosophers deal with these fundamental spiritual questions of our existence - "my model accomodates your view, my view, and any critique of anyone's view, so don't worry about it and stop asking so many questions".
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
findingblanks

Re: No Objective Space or Time = No Free Will or Events

Post by findingblanks »

Seriously, thanks for your input. By the way, pretty soon I won't be able to deny all of your requests to shadow dance. We no longer have our little dancing room, so it'll be fun to see if want to do it public some more. That said, if you are super sweet to me and extend a bit of charity, I'll certainly take it as a sign that you don't want us to start talking about each other's secret intentions and such. I'd prefer you never talk about my inner life. But I'm not mad at you for constantly going there. As you know, it can be fun way to interact once I take your hands! And they are lovely hands at that.