Absent any and all idea construction what remains?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Absent any and all idea construction what remains?

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

By the way, now moving this to GD, as this topic too has wandered into a labyrinth, best freely explored.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Cleric K

Re: Absent any and all idea construction what remains?

Post by Cleric K »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:02 am Truly, I am so grateful for this sharing ... Speaking of grateful, back to Venice for a while, indeed the first time I arrived there, as a young hitch-hiking/back-packing wanderer naive enough to show up on Good Friday without a room reservation, I got so hopelessly lost as I ventured ever-deeper into the web-like labyrinth of narrowing alleyways in search of a bed, feeling as exhausted as it is possible to feel without collapsing on the spot, with a dark lampless cold-rain night fast approaching, that I was in tears and about to give up all hope, when I chanced upon a 'room for rent' sign in perhaps one of narrowest alleyways of all. This surely being the last hope for a place to rest, other than some outdoor alcove, I struggled up a steep staircase, and knocked on some stranger's door, opened by a widowed nonna who looked at me as if I might have been some dank stray dog begging for scraps, but nonetheless showed me to a walk-in-closet of a room, with a folding cot, and a lone bedside stool. And I can truly say that I have never been so grateful in all my life for such a meagre blessed shelter.
Thanks, that's a such a beautiful story. It reminded me of what I wrote recently here about the importance of emanating our intentions clearly.