BK's latest article on "self-deception"

Here participants should focus discussion on Bernardo's model and related ideas, by way of exploration, explication, elaboration, and constructive critique. Moderators may intervene to reel in commentary that has drifted too far into areas where other interest groups may try to steer it
AshvinP

Re: BK's latest article on "self-deception"

Post by AshvinP »

Eugene I. wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:17 am Twisted logic as usual, boring...

Anyway, the forum is now all yours, you've made it such a toxic place that most people have left. Enjoy!

It seems to me the only time people are motivated to put more than two or three words together here are when we speak of thoughtful spirituality and the meaning which it can reveal in their concrete experience, including you. While BK tells people everything they think, feel, and do is practically meaningless delusion, the forum declines in participation. His strategy to combat the "meaning crisis" is to declare all meaning an illusion. It leads to people on his discord server saying:

There is no death in timeless awareness, because there is no birth. Forgetting is an illusion as there is no 'getting'. Nothing happens. Everytime you think youv'e grown, the sand shifts beneath you. You can either resist that or let go. the threat of nihilism is your own fear.

Meanwhile the rest of us have to go about the business of contending with the real world, counteracting the nihilism they naively believe doesn't exist. But please don't take any of that as an invitation to join the discussion ;) Take care and best of luck in your future endeavors, Eugene!
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Maybe you'll like this better. I surely do!

Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

AshvinP wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:34 am

Anyway, the forum is now all yours, you've made it such a toxic place that most people have left. Enjoy!

It seems to me the only time people are motivated to put more than two or three words together here are when we speak of thoughtful spirituality and the meaning which it can reveal in their concrete experience, including you. While BK tells people everything they think, feel, and do is practically meaningless delusion, the forum declines in participation. His strategy to combat the "meaning crisis" is to declare all meaning an illusion. It leads to people on his discord server saying:

There is no death in timeless awareness, because there is no birth. Forgetting is an illusion as there is no 'getting'. Nothing happens. Everytime you think youv'e grown, the sand shifts beneath you. You can either resist that or let go. the threat of nihilism is your own fear.

Meanwhile the rest of us have to go about the business of contending with the real world, counteracting the nihilism they naively believe doesn't exist. But please don't take any of that as an invitation to join the discussion ;) Take care and best of luck in your future endeavors, Eugene!
What is the title of this? Self-deception?
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Jim Cross wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:53 pm
AshvinP wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:34 am

What is the title of this? Self-deception?

"Thou Shall Deceive Yourself: On cognitive hallucinations and mind's prime directive"

I have to say, the play on the Spirit's revelation to Moses just makes it worse for me... it's hard for me to believe this is the same person who wrote More Than Allegory. Maybe I am just remembering MTA too favorably, I don't know.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"