Big bang

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Güney27

Big bang

Post by Güney27 »

I've had a question that's been on my mind for a long time.

How can something come out of nothing?
Nothing can come from non-existence.
What does anthroposophy think about the big bang? Steiner wasn't alive at the time of the big bang theory, and couldn't have said anything about it. :?:
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
j.joerg@posteo.de

Re: Big bang

Post by j.joerg@posteo.de »

Why do you presuppose that the world consists of things in the first place? And why do you presuppose that there was nothing before the Big Bang? I think you should revise your presuppositions. Things are a fiction of human cognition without ontic status and nothing by definition could not ever have existed...
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

Güney27 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:27 pm I've had a question that's been on my mind for a long time.

What does anthroposophy think about the big bang? Steiner wasn't alive at the time of the big bang theory, and couldn't have said anything about it. :?:
The question demonstrates the fundamental flaw in Thinking.
Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

Jim Cross wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:24 pm
Güney27 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:27 pm I've had a question that's been on my mind for a long time.

Jim,

How did you manage, from one tiny question from me, to know so much about my thinking or my opinion that you can judge about it? Also, my question is one that is intended to stimulate thought. It's a question I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on. Please explain my mistakes in thinking, otherwise we will not be able to have a fruitful and instructive conversation.
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
Jim Cross

Post by Jim Cross »

Güney27 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:46 am
Jim Cross wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:24 pm

Jim,

How did you manage, from one tiny question from me, to know so much about my thinking or my opinion that you can judge about it? Also, my question is one that is intended to stimulate thought. It's a question I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on. Please explain my mistakes in thinking, otherwise we will not be able to have a fruitful and instructive conversation.
The mistake is in Thinking itself because it cannot function without binaries - something/nothing, mind/matter. But the binaries are always contextual and relative, not absolute. When you ask how something comes from nothing, you try to treat the relative as if it were absolute and end up with a unsolvable and meaningless question. It is the same to assert reality is mind or matter, Mind and matter only have meaning relative to each other. They are conceptual divisions of reality, not reality.