Conspiracy theories surrounding CERN

Here both posters and comments will be restricted to topic-specific discourse. Comments should directly address the original post and poster. Comments and/or links that are deemed to be too digressive or off-topic, may be deleted by a moderator.
Oracular

Conspiracy theories surrounding CERN

Post by Oracular »

Under Bernardo's article detailing his love for the CERN-project (https://www.bernardokastrup.com/2018/02 ... d.html?m=1), I read a comment by a certain Petrus referencing the late French esotericist, alchemist and qabalist Jean Dubuis who said the following regarding CERN:

"Earlier today I told you about an alchemy of the Swiss scientists in Geneva, the CERN, the scientists are opening a door on the invisible. So that the experiences they make are at the limit of the astral world above us, and I am certain of that even if they are very discreet about their work, because they said there were particles that were faster than the speed of light. It is not possible in our world. These are experiences of the astral world. Therefore you see science is opening the astral world. I think that I am not the only one to have deciphered esotericism. But I think that I allow a lot of people contact with their inner world."

Bernardo's reply to this surprised me:

"Complete nonsense, he doesn't have the faintest clue what he's talking about. Nothing esoteric about CERN. Drop this conspiracy nonsense."

This seems unusually close-minded for someone like him. Now of course I don't believe CERN is some sort of lair of evil wizards and I am sure that at least some of the work they do is highly interesting and significant, but on the other hand I also don't consider it unthinkable that on an unconscious level they might be recreating some archetypal patterns which do indeed share similarities with such esoteric concepts as opening a portal to another dimension, or even (and I really hope I don't get ridiculed for this) summoning demons. Once again, I don't think this is their 'real' goal for which scientific research is merely a cover, but it is Bernardo himself who convinced me that magical realms and supernatural creatures are more than just allegories. Is the whole CERN-project really so different from what alchemists of yore were doing?

I would love to hear other people's opinions on this, and most of all I would like to hear Bernardo's of course.
AshvinP

Re: Conspiracy theories surrounding CERN

Post by AshvinP »

Oracular wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:12 pm Under Bernardo's article detailing his love for the CERN-project (https://www.bernardokastrup.com/2018/02 ... d.html?m=1), I read a comment by a certain Petrus referencing the late French esotericist, alchemist and qabalist Jean Dubuis who said the following regarding CERN:

"Earlier today I told you about an alchemy of the Swiss scientists in Geneva, the CERN, the scientists are opening a door on the invisible. So that the experiences they make are at the limit of the astral world above us, and I am certain of that even if they are very discreet about their work, because they said there were particles that were faster than the speed of light. It is not possible in our world. These are experiences of the astral world. Therefore you see science is opening the astral world. I think that I am not the only one to have deciphered esotericism. But I think that I allow a lot of people contact with their inner world."

Bernardo's reply to this surprised me:

"Complete nonsense, he doesn't have the faintest clue what he's talking about. Nothing esoteric about CERN. Drop this conspiracy nonsense."

This seems unusually close-minded for someone like him. Now of course I don't believe CERN is some sort of lair of evil wizards and I am sure that at least some of the work they do is highly interesting and significant, but on the other hand I also don't consider it unthinkable that on an unconscious level they might be recreating some archetypal patterns which do indeed share similarities with such esoteric concepts as opening a portal to another dimension, or even (and I really hope I don't get ridiculed for this) summoning demons. Once again, I don't think this is their 'real' goal for which scientific research is merely a cover, but it is Bernardo himself who convinced me that magical realms and supernatural creatures are more than just allegories. Is the whole CERN-project really so different from what alchemists of yore were doing?

I would love to hear other people's opinions on this, and most of all I would like to hear Bernardo's of course.
Oracular,

I am not surprised by Bernardo's reaction. He is quite closed minded on anything which pertains to the spiritual, except his own opinions and speculations, of course. He will go on Mishlove to present his speculative opinions, but won't seriously consider anyone else's reasoned arguments for higher worlds. The latter is all "woo-woo new age" BS for him.

I would also critique Dubuis, but for an entirely different reason. When these people speak of opening up portals to higher worlds through physical mechanisms, it's clear that they haven't understood the core of Western esotericism. We are not actually living apart from the astral or higher worlds - they are completely interwoven with the sense-perceptible 'physical' world. There is in fact, One World. So physical mechanisms are neither sufficient nor necessary to open up portals, only our own inner development of higher cognition. We must be able to perceive with higher perceptual organs of soul and spirit.

We could analogize it to the supersensible spectrum of Light. As humanity involuted into more complex and rigid sense-perception, which also allowed for more clear and precise intellectual consciousness, portions of the Light spectrum were vieled from normal waking cognition. We no longer perceive ultraviolet, infrared, etc. with unenhanced physical senses. The same thing goes for Sound frequencies. Where has the ultraviolet spectrum gone? Nowhere. It still permeates all of our experience, but is veiled from our current cognitive perception. Nevertheless, it is always influencing our bodily organism in detectable ways. So it is with the supersensible worlds of soul and spirit for most people at our current stage of evolution.

The main issue with the conspiracy theories, though, is not that they are completely wrong, but they reinforce the abstract, materialsitic, physicalist habit of thinking which obscured the higher worlds from our view to begin with. They try to grasp the higher worlds in relation to our own with purely intellectual concepts and models. In that sense, they could be considered as simply more aspects of the Great Conspiracy to deny the imaginative, inspirative, and intuitive reality of soul and spirit worlds, which are deeply ethical in their nature. There are some nuggets of truth within these theories, but a whole lot of chaff to separate before finding the wheat. My approach is to simply avoid them altogether and focus on what I can know with high degree of confidence about the higher worlds from sound reasoning rooted in first-hand experience and rock solid ideas.

There is certainly a sense in which modern theoretical physics, psychology, and cognitive science are indrectly and mostly unconsciously discovering the qualitative laws of the higher worlds. Our worlds of inner activity and experience - willing, feeling, thinking - are these higher worlds. Particles and antiparticles, virtual particles faster than light, QM entanglement, wave-particle polarity, decoherence of quantum superposition, space-time curvature, relativity, psychological types and mechanisms, the collective unconscious, etc., are all intellectual reflections of the way our inner life of soul and spirit unfolds, and how our imaginative thinking always mediates between the known and unknown, the actual and potential, the manifest and unmanifest.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Jim Cross

Re: Conspiracy theories surrounding CERN

Post by Jim Cross »

I'm finding I'm agreeing more and more with Bernardo on a variety of issues.

"Close-minded" can be a problem. "Gullibility" can be another one.