New topic split from 'concise criticism of analytic idealism' thread.

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: New topic split from 'concise criticism of analytic idealism' thread.

Post by Lou Gold »

PS: Perhaps I might mention, in the spirit of the original theme of this thread, that my most concise feeling of a lacking in Analytic Idealism would be, "No Mother." Please hear this as my confession and not as an invite toward debate. I do expect that the story will continue to evolve.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:57 pm PS: Perhaps I might mention, in the spirit of the original theme of this thread, that my most concise feeling of a lacking in Analytic Idealism would be, "No Mother." Please hear this as my confession and not as an invite toward debate. I do expect that the story will continue to evolve.
I am trying to imagine BK being asked this question at the last AMA session and how he would have answered. Maybe he would have said that Nature is the Mother? He often refers to MAL as Nature. I am not sure...
This is the goal towards which the sixth age of humanity will strive: the popularization of occult truth on a wide scale. That's the mission of this age and the society that unites spiritually has the task of bringing this occult truth to life everywhere and applying it directly. That's exactly what our age is missing.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:24 pm Aloha Federica,

The new t-shirt print would have to say, THANK YOU FOR THIS DAY AND WAY.
To be sent out for printing!
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:24 pm My images are sort of a visual storytelling in which I seek to balance and integrate, as best as I can, the many forces constellating or percolating into my awareness.
This is what artists do, isn't it?
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:24 pm My friend MOnique Bridges, who knows a lot more about photo editing than I do, suggested that I combine two of my recent photos and we began a collaborative process with this one (below). Perhaps, we'll call it, "Wherever Two Gather." There's a special magic when folks gather to share appreciation. I'm finding it exciting to learn about it. Thank you for being part of the process of drawing more story into my process.
My pleasure, Lou. Elegant title for your collaborative composition!
This is the goal towards which the sixth age of humanity will strive: the popularization of occult truth on a wide scale. That's the mission of this age and the society that unites spiritually has the task of bringing this occult truth to life everywhere and applying it directly. That's exactly what our age is missing.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Federica wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:00 pm

Lou Gold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:24 pm My images are sort of a visual storytelling in which I seek to balance and integrate, as best as I can, the many forces constellating or percolating into my awareness.
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:24 pm My friend MOnique Bridges, who knows a lot more about photo editing than I do, suggested that I combine two of my recent photos and we began a collaborative process with this one (below). Perhaps, we'll call it, "Wherever Two Gather." There's a special magic when folks gather to share appreciation. I'm finding it exciting to learn about it. Thank you for being part of the process of drawing more story into my process.
Thank you Federica. Our dialogue has been a learning and pleasure for me. I'm grateful.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Federica wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:36 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:57 pm PS: Perhaps I might mention, in the spirit of the original theme of this thread, that my most concise feeling of a lacking in Analytic Idealism would be, "No Mother." Please hear this as my confession and not as an invite toward debate. I do expect that the story will continue to evolve.
I am trying to imagine BK being asked this question at the last AMA session and how he would have answered. Maybe he would have said that Nature is the Mother? He often refers to MAL as Nature. I am not sure...
The only BK book I've read is "More Than Allegory" and liking it is what drew me into this forum. BK mentions in a recent dialogue that his partner is an artist who is not impressed by an analytical approach. He said that he wrote MTA for her.

In another recent dialogue BK speaks of his idyllic childhood in Rio de Janeiro (his mother is Brazilian) but when they moved back to Europe (father's home area) he felt more at home intellectually. This lit up a light for me - "oh, in his scientist/philosopher professional life, he left the mother and child back in Brazil" is the thought that came to me.

Which brings me back to my own time in Brazil where I felt it as crazy for my mind and delicious for my heart and, quite the opposite of BK, quite lovely indeed. So, in terms of my evolving story and looking again at the collaborative image done with Monique, I see that my critique of Analytic Idealism must be, "No mother and no child." My preferred trinity is Father-Mother-Child. I don't balance well on a one legged stool but I do recognize its value in the hands of an Intellectual Gladiator, which is how BK describes himself. Seems there's a season for everything under the sun. :D :o :roll: :P
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:23 pm
Federica wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:36 pm
The only BK book I've read is "More Than Allegory" and liking it is what drew me into this forum. BK mentions in a recent dialogue that his partner is an artist who is not impressed by an analytical approach. He said that he wrote MTA for her.

In another recent dialogue BK speaks of his idyllic childhood in Rio de Janeiro (his mother is Brazilian) but when they moved back to Europe (father's home area) he felt more at home intellectually. This lit up a light for me - "oh, in his scientist/philosopher professional life, he left the mother and child back in Brazil" is the thought that came to me.

Which brings me back to my own time in Brazil where I felt it as crazy for my mind and delicious for my heart and, quite the opposite of BK, quite lovely indeed. So, in terms of my evolving story and looking again at the collaborative image done with Monique, I see that my critique of Analytic Idealism must be, "No mother and no child." My preferred trinity is Father-Mother-Child. I don't balance well on a one legged stool but I do recognize its value in the hands of an Intellectual Gladiator, which is how BK describes himself. Seems there's a season for everything under the sun. :D :o :roll: :P

I first read Decoding Jung's metaphysics, which absolutely exceeded my expectations. So I didn't search for any forums, I didn't have any problems with it. : ) Then I read The idea of the world, which exposes the essence of the philosophy of analytical idealism. I wanted to buy the model but I had some questions and that's how I arrived here...

But let's recompose your preferred trinity around analytical idealism, Lou. It's a blended trinity, you should like it : ) Look: The Mother is Nature - doesn't it look good? Endless imagery possibilities. The Child is BK himself, the vocal king-child ruling the scene of new idealism from his attic game room of thousands of philosophy volumes, and the Father is Rupert of course!

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Federica wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:36 pm
But let's recompose your preferred trinity around analytical idealism, Lou. It's a blended trinity, you should like it : ) Look: The Mother is Nature - doesn't it look good? Endless imagery possibilities. The Child is BK himself, the vocal king-child ruling the scene of new idealism from his attic game room of thousands of philosophy volumes, and the Father is... Rupert of course!
Federica, this trinity seems beyond my paygrade right now but I'd love to see how you might recompose it. I do think the Mother is nature (including human and star nature), is the Sovereign Queen over all that lives and dies. I'll contemplate the archetype you assign to Rupert who, if judging by his marvelous son Merlin, must have been a fine father. "Vocal king-child" might fit Bernardo. Perhaps others might join in a contemplative story construction process? Might be fun.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:32 pm
But let's recompose your preferred trinity around analytical idealism, Lou. It's a blended trinity, you should like it : ) Look: The Mother is Nature - doesn't it look good? Endless imagery possibilities. The Child is BK himself, the vocal king-child ruling the scene of new idealism from his attic game room of thousands of philosophy volumes, and the Father is... Rupert of course!
Federica, this trinity seems beyond my paygrade right now but I'd love to see how you might recompose it. I do think the Mother is nature (including human and star nature), is the Sovereign Queen over all that lives and dies. I'll contemplate the archetype you assign to Rupert who, if judging by his marvelous son Merlin, must have been a fine father. "Vocal king-child" might fit Bernardo. Perhaps others might join in a contemplative story construction process? Might be fun.
Oh Lou, it seems to me that BK considers RS almost like a father and it is reciprocal. Other than that, I wouldn't overthink it too much, it was said in the spirit of keeping it lightened up!
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Federica wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:43 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:32 pm
Oh Lou, it seems to me that BK considers RS almost like a father and it is reciprocal. Other than that, I wouldn't overthink it too much, it was said in the spirit of keeping it lightened up!

For sure Federica, lighter is better.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:29 pm
Federica wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:00 pm

Thank you Federica. Our dialogue has been a learning and pleasure for me. I'm grateful.
Thank you Lou. I hope the dialogue "is being" rather than "has been"? For me it is being a pleasant learning too.