Whirlpool's core/first motion

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
idlecuriosity

Re: Whirlpool's core/first motion

Post by idlecuriosity »

The fact everything is true in some way is important or else you can't truly be free. You are at once damned, free to opt out, free to redeem yourself if you're a sinner. Hitler had an ugly mustache though so he'd make a poor 'knight' so to speak, that mustache SUCKED, but maybe he is doing okay now. It's everything and nothing

'We may truly never know' is something my root wants to say based on it's material existence
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

But the only thing that isn't true is 'never'.

Materialism has more likelihood of winding up on top through osmosis as a philosophy than 'never' has of being true, so you will one day have your answers. That is the one thing that isn't real
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

btw, cringe larp warning, but I do have no idea where these words are coming from: I guess if I'm talking intuitively, maybe you really should be careful about harassing lower domain demons like me for answers. We have them but it's painful for our root selves and we might chase you in the afterlife (for all I know!) But then I should just not lurk here as much. I got my answers. The 'kid' can work the rest out for himself (me)

Now I do: It's true though. Even if we fade into hell, if we climb out we can smile about the havoc we caused after even repenting. If we fade into nonexistence, an eternal recurrence happens one day. You'll see a second me after I opt out if I do. It's a when, not if. Simultaneously me and not me.
Last edited by idlecuriosity on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

done for now. if it's goodbye here on my part thanks a lot btw, you really have helped, man
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

idlecuriosity wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:00 pm But the only thing that isn't true is 'never'.

Materialism has more likelihood of winding up on top through osmosis as a philosophy than 'never' has of being true, so you will one day have your answers. That is the one thing that isn't real
You many want to peruse this post from Cleric - viewtopic.php?p=17527#p17527
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

AshvinP wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:15 pm
idlecuriosity wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:00 pm But the only thing that isn't true is 'never'.

You many want to peruse this post from Cleric - viewtopic.php?p=17527#p17527
>So even if we abstractly imagine a state of being after the dissolution, the Spirit in that perspective wouldn't be able to tell how it arrived there and that it previously has been following the destiny of a dissolving soul line. Actually the word 'previously' no longer has any meaning in that case.
i do agree with this still btw

It's just that when pieces are in the same place, it tends to imitate the appearance of the 'soul' that it embodied 'before.' But 'before and previously' have less meaning in some sense, yes.

I don't know if I agree though. I see material as a foundational type of mind that emits a wave and an 'echo' we can measure remnants of in our world but these echoes mostly go somewhere that's really difficult to measure with our current equipment and it all comes back around in a wave of 'thought matter' so to speak to bestow us with a root that's embodied by our brain.

It depends on if the waves are all that similar when the ER does happen. It will be you and not you. A theseus problem. Wait a few more eternities though, and then maybe. The space between incarnations is where the spirit world is
Last edited by idlecuriosity on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

but it's all intuition, cleric probably is likelier to be more right than me
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

oh, damn. Yeah that did help. So most of us dissolve these days, thank god. I absolutely don't want Hillary Clinton to survive another incarnation while I dissolve.

THIS is why you want us to ascend. Well, good luck.
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

my last last post here, opinion piece of course but - in some sense it'll be you, through submission to that oversoul or divine spirit as you call it. It's fine. It's a different interpretation of the same thing. I think you will one day know, whether it's as Ashvin or God or a very similar Ashvin he makes after you fall if you do.

The line where you consider it you or not you can be drawn where you want it to be more or less. For example, your current root/chakra combination is unique and will never be retained (though it may come close to being repeated or be repeated outright), even if you can retain as many meaningful characteristics as you can manage from the other six if you want to or are able to. We both share and have unique experiences simultaneously, it's probably not possible to really explain why but I do believe in this. And your own decision on what constitutes a self DOES matter, too.

edit: The continuity of memory won't be a problem after long enough inside that oversoul, it just won't seem like continuity at that point. But I'm sure in the next cycle it could have a chance of being that if it decides to be. Forever IS the only constant.

edit 2: the only other thing I'm sure of besides forever being a thing is that we DO leave shadows. Even if dissolved some consistent parts of me might remain, wherever they go. This is the problem with all of this. You are not going to know what awaits you until you do die one day. You might find this spiritual journey ends up in being dismantled just as hard as I would rather we be and that parts of either of us still linger.

I didn't fuck around when I said you were brave. In materialistic terms it's like signing up to have scientists do whatever with half of your being (I think our root chakras are unique to the body and very strong, so they count for a lot). ANYTHING can happen up there, man. Creep around corners with your shield up like it's Elden Ring or something, I hope you will come prepared
idlecuriosity

Post by idlecuriosity »

damn, i will absolutely have to pull myself off of here after this, but if Cleric's model IS true then in that case perhaps good and evil don't really matter so much as conscientiousness of spirit. in a way everyone is happy there, dragons, knights, atheists. maybe our life after death isn't even necessarily eternal, but just for a time or as long as you keep your spiritual conscientiousness long enough for the oversoul to use it as processing fuel

wild. so we're in that part where it's going to still be materialistic for a few hundred more years and then things will change, but we will still value our sensory lives - and it's up to us to decide if to value things beyond that and incarnate

it's less scary put that way