Some ideas of mine that are probably insane but that make too much sense to me and are fun anyway.

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
idlecuriosity

Some ideas of mine that are probably insane but that make too much sense to me and are fun anyway.

Post by idlecuriosity »

I just like making crazy threads, we are aware aren't we. These are just ideas I picked up when spitballing based on my idea of alters and they're fun. I have a strange mind that has things just float to it without any knowledgeable understanding or interest in accumulating specifics in the material realm

Either: Jesus both is and isn't real, the reason he seems real is that the general platonic idea of a super conscious man that lives through a higher spirit is real, but if you were to worship that then it would not be congruent with what that platonic idea is. You need to give the idea a name and a face, it's like a linguistic consignment for the concept

Or: Jesus was a conduit for this concept who was aware we are trapped within a failed deal and who was trying to make it so we can potentially one day accrue the authority to escape, making God both our jailer and our guardian

Higher entities that split off of the omnisoul end up more individual, but through yielding to negative desires split off downward into multiple individuals. This is what hell is; you are apart from the pieces that make you whole for just a while longer, often condemned to struggle more. There can only be upwards or downwards. You go up or parts of you split down.

My theory is that we had magic of some kind, although it was limited, before we failed the test in the garden of eden. A test any platonic envoy of this higher being fails can result in disastrous consequences, suggesting our powers had certain limitations we could confer upon them to gain more power (this concept is often used in fiction such as Hunter X Hunter or the magic in Song of Ice and Fire). Humans are platonic resemblances of the greater weave, which is why we can split off into more pieces OR merge back into it, a temptation even our gods must deal with. I say this because in these works of fiction the exact parameters for the limitations you can ascribe and exactly what you gain in countenance for it is ambiguous but we always have a 'sense' of what it should be

This means actually destroying us is hard (possibly impossible depending on how you define it) and it requires an enormous amount of accrued power from devilish entities looking to make us fail deals, but once they have our permission we are actually in a good deal of danger and can have our power stripped from us. Satan is a god (or a representation of the type of god that-) that enabled this. This is because without running scams on platonic incarnations of God, the entities going downward cannot maintain power and individuality simultaneously, they must steal ours through making us reenact the first splitting - this action is one of creation and that single faceted entities like devils cannot replicate. You need both, a balance - like healthy humans, or the original oversoul. Say, god.

Possibly wrong but this is what I got from 'scrying' in my intuitive imagination without thinking, this is also why this is a prison but doesn't seem to close off on us and we still can garner stimuli from the higher domains. It just seems to me like we're trapped within someone's stand power because we failed to understand it's rules, lol, but those rules by the same token can't be too unfair to us
Last edited by idlecuriosity on Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
idlecuriosity

Re: Some ideas of mine that are probably insane but that make too much sense to me and are fun anyway.

Post by idlecuriosity »

The concept of Valhalla is the reason I think of us having had some power. The vikings seemed very sure death in battle gives you a better end. I genuinely think that if you made sure to murder someone while giving them a chance to 'fight back' - morbid example - you might be considered better karmically in your next cycle. That works exactly like magic in stories does, the more sophisticated stories at least. For example, even the One Ring has conditions making it impractical to use
AshvinP

Re: Some ideas of mine that are probably insane but that make too much sense to me and are fun anyway.

Post by AshvinP »

idlecuriosity wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:28 pm The concept of Valhalla is the reason I think of us having had some power. The vikings seemed very sure death in battle gives you a better end. I genuinely think that if you made sure to murder someone while giving them a chance to 'fight back' - morbid example - you might be considered better karmically in your next cycle. That works exactly like magic in stories does, the more sophisticated stories at least. For example, even the One Ring has conditions making it impractical to use
IC,

I started typing out a response here but then I was given pause by the fact you still haven't changed your username from "idlecuriosity" ;)

Seriously, there seems to be an unspoken rule in many of the discussions here, which goes somewhat as follows - "you can respond to agree with my conceptual associations, to come up with more conceptual associations, or to dispute mine and give your own, but please don't respond with anything about how I can go about discovering the reality which makes these conceptual associations possible... that, I'm not interested in!" Instead of writing a couple pages of lengthy posts and ending up there, as Cleric and I always do in these discussions, I figure we may as well start there.

The majestic beings of World Mythology don't exist for us to endlessly conceptualize them - they gifted us these conceptual associations so we may find our way back to them. Nothing you are saying is technically false. The only 'false' aspect of it is that it implies the very fact of conceptualizing these things is equivalent to actual understanding of them. What you wrote can and has been be restated in various concepts by many great minds over the millennia, especially in the last 500 years or so. All the great thinkers who contemplated spiritual reality in the modern era intuited very similar associations as you have made here. But then what?

We're not here saying that we have the true understanding of higher worlds, but that we have realized we don't yet have the true understanding when we live only in our dim concepts, that there is actually a path to a more living and lucid understanding, even if it sounds "too good to be true" at first, and any individual with curiosity, conceptual reasoning, and intuitions such as yours can undertake it with minimal time and effort to begin with, if only they overcome the temptation to remain idle.

With that understanding of my aim here, if you're still interesting is discussing this further, I am happy too, but if not, I will save both our time and weary fingers and desist!
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"