Question on aether

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Güney27

Question on aether

Post by Güney27 »

Hi :roll: ,
I have often noticed here in the forum that the term ether is used.
What is meant by ether here.
As far as i know, ether, wich is often called the 5th Element, has been scientifically disproved (Michelson-Morley experiment).
I often read ,,ether" in esoteric literature.
What exactly does that mean?
The ether theories (old physics) or something Else? :?:
Kind regards
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
AshvinP

Re: Question on aether

Post by AshvinP »

Güney27 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:12 pm Hi :roll: ,
I have often noticed here in the forum that the term ether is used.
What is meant by ether here.
As far as i know, ether, wich is often called the 5th Element, has been scientifically disproved (Michelson-Morley experiment).
I often read ,,ether" in esoteric literature.
What exactly does that mean?
The ether theories (old physics) or something Else? :?:
Kind regards
Guney,

What has been disproved is that ether can be perceived only via physical sense observation. This indeed cannot happen. With ether, we are essentially speaking of the ideal forces-substance which build up the elemental world of Nature and living processes. The physical elements and processes we can directly perceive are simply reflections of these. Reflections have no life of their own accord, rather they are impressions of life. When a stamp is impressed into sealing wax, the meaning is embedded into the wax, but the impression is not the original stamp itself. It's the same principle here.

Etheric substance is likewise impressed from even higher ideal forces. These forces should all be related to our own first-person modes of consciousness. As our rarefied modes of consciousness 'densified' more and more, adapting to environmental conditions, these various layers of substances developed. We have now passed through the densest condition of consciousness and are evolving back into higher spheres. To perceive the etheric substance, we must rareify our dense intellectual cognition into Imaginative cognition. Then we will begin perceiving the various ethers which are always present in the environment, including our own organism, and are being worked into to bring about the natural processes of growth and decay and transformation.

Very little of this will fit into place until we actually endeavor to develop the Imaginative cognition. Until then it will only remain an abstract schema and this is never sufficient to convict of us of the true relations we are dealing with. We will always have our intellectual doubts about that which remains unseen and we will abstractly reflect our way into all sorts of false dilemmas and dead ends. The intellect demands proof for ideas which simply cannot be proven, only experienced as inner realities. When it fails to find the impossible proof, it writes these things off as nonexistent. Given enough time, and we are nearly there, it will write off the human soul and all inner qualities as non existent, because they can't be proven with physical sense experience and concepts based only on that sense experience.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"