Seflf-causality of the reality of consciousness.

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

Re: Self-causality of the reality of consciousness.

Post by AshvinP »

Federica wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:29 pm
AshvinP wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:13 pm Eugene, I hope it's clear that Federica and I are not just arbitrarily picking on you or trying to start arguments. As indicated in the posts she shared, this is a deeply rooted habit of thinking, rooted in our psycho-physical constitution, that has effectively prevented most understanding of the living thinking path on this forum. If it were just a matter of Western education (which of course reinforces the habit), then it wouldn't be so difficult to overcome it. But it's a habit of desire-thinking which is rooted in the depths of our subconscious Being. There is only a 'pinhole of cognition', a strait and narrow way, through which the semblance of our abstract thinking (past) can meet the reality of our living will (future) in the present, and that is the path which PoF and Western esoteric science seeks to illuminate within us.

Yes, by the way, Eugene, the only reason I noticed that is because I have spent months here banging my head against very similar walls and struggling to understand what was going on. I'm maybe not going to prepare a sample of 'funny' quotes to demonstrate that, but I could - there's plenty of material :) And I have a clear feeling I'm very far from being done :?

When we speak of "dualism" here, it is perhaps helpful to use a passage such as below as an image of what is being spoken of:

Klocek wrote:For young children, beingness pours out of the sense world in creative torrents, and their inner life and the objects of the world all participate in the magical, transformative ritual of play. Each separate thing can easily become something else in a world held in the enchanting bosom of love and oneness. The Sun-like nature of children's instinctive vision draws to them constellations of objects and people that help their organism to find the proper forces for development.

However, this stage cannot continue unchanged, and at the change of the teeth the fantasy life must undergo a transformation. The child can no longer rely on the objects of the world to stimulate inner images. Inner images must come under the control of the individual consciousness so that they can be developed and manipulated at will. The spontaneous and magical mood of oneness evaporates, and what slowly takes its place is the capacity to develop inner images independent from the sensations given by the world. The advantage of this development is that the purely personal inner images arising in fantasy can now be corrected and objectified by the child and are not dependent upon subjective feelings that arise spontaneously under the instinctual influence of sensory stimulus. In short, forming inner images separate from sense experiences is the first sign of the potential for the human being to eventually attain freedom from the iron necessity of instinct. But there is a price to pay for this freedom. Coincident with the arising of the capacity to visualize inwardly is the loss of the feeling of oneness with all of creation.

Our modern metaphysical systems of "dualism" are simply crystallized intellectual forms which express the intuitive meaning of this underlying psycho-physical development at our individual and collective poles of existence, which has taken place over many ages at the latter. Keeping that in mind will help us move from the planar realm of concepts into the imaginative depth structure which we all share as human be-ings from the first-person perspective of our spiritual activity, which Cleric spoke of. It is not an absolute 'law of reality' to be viewed from the side as a theoretical construct, but a living metamorphic progression which we can locate within our own thinking experience and development, just as we would if we observed a plant metamorphosing through its various stages of development.

Then we can also discern how it makes little sense to speak of our dualistic intellectual experience as only a function of superficial cultural developments. It is, as Klocek writes, nothing less than the split of the creative life force into two channels of Being, the power of which adults are now most familiar with in sex. Whereas the creative power of thinking goes completely unrealized by most, or dimly realized in art and science. Most importantly we are not yet self-conscious of the underlying link between the two. We can discern that the development of our bodily organism and its systems, organs, inner processes, etc. is indeed intimately linked with our soul-life of willing-feeling-thinking and that there must be a science which lawfully traces how they are linked. Unlike material science, this spiritual investigation will also reveal why they are linked and what we can do to gradually and responsibly transfigure the links.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"