Idealist vision for 2050?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Idealist vision for 2050?

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Yeah well, if we're going to open it up to speculating about the machinations of stock market trading, then maybe we should open it up to talking baseball trades as well. How about those Blue Jays signing Springer for $150 million? :roll:
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
David_Sundaram

Post by David_Sundaram »

Lou Gold wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:43 amWe don’t get to choose what challenges we’ll face, but we do get to decide how we face them. The first thing we need to do is let go of the idea that life will ever be normal again — elsewhere, I’ve called this “learning how to die.”
Lou Gold wrote:What is the story or collection of stories that might carry the healing beyond being merely an endless war against the symptoms?
My 'logic' (i.e. projection) suggests (i.e. story-'dictates'?) that, as the coming 'night' envelopes this 'day' (this 'day' will clearly 'end, IMO!), it will be best (i.e. most pro-ductive) for us (anyone) to prioritize on what will serve to facilitate/augment the process of one's own and one's fellow beings' transitioning to a 'higher' (i.e, more optimally creative) next life. Any 'healing' of (i.e. restoring of physiosocial 'function' to) this one (whether shamanic/magical or technological-idea based) will at best be a temporary fix (and ultimately 'losing' proposition), like resuscitating and prescribing cholesterol-reducing medication to a fat old man.

What will lead to one's own or others' soul-development process (the soul is what continues into one's 'next' life, whether this be 'in' a body' (via reincarnation) or as a full-fledged spiritual being). Here is some of what I said in my treatise pertaining to this issue (read slowly, rereading clauses and sentences as may be necessary to grok what I am 'pointing' to):

"Psychospiritual communion in a Spirit of Love and Joy is what is most relevant to actualizing the kind of Life I speak of: Conscious affirmation and appreciation of intimately (via mutual recognition and empathy) shared thoughts and feelings, whereby and wherein one whole-mind-n-heart‑edly embraces and revels in the fact that whoever or whatever one is in the presence of is a wonderfully familial being-doing aspect of The Flow of Life Itself,* any differences between one’s own and others’ world ly situations and/or conditions notwithstanding!

[Footnote*: It is because they have spousally[!] embraced The Flow of Life Itself that Cosmically oriented and committed individuals don’t think of themselves as being ‘alone’ and no longer feel ‘i’solated even when they aren’t with others who are especially ‘in synch’ with them, the way people who haven’t yet done so naturally do. As the apostle Paul testified: “I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature [nor idea, I would add], shall be able to separate us from [The Flow of Life Itself].” (Romans 8:39); albeit, instead of the words I placed in brackets, he said “the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” to express what he meant because of the particular way in which he conceptualized what said words reference.]

Think about [what] this actually means:  Among other things, it means that even if you or others who you are presently mentally and emotionally Love‑and-Joy-relationally engaged with were to physically ‘die’ the very next instant, or even if you or they were to go on to ‘live’ and possibly ‘die’ dreadful (in terms of being physiosocially difficult, painful and/or deprived) ‘lives’ and ‘deaths’, then even if not in some future lifetime on this planet (let’s say, because it becomes uninhabitable), your souls could and would either:

• (a) continue to your relational association by reincarnating together (in  different ‘forms’☺ of course) in the context of another planet’s Life‑matrix if you and they so chose – that is, assuming you and they didn’t complete your incarnational ‘school’ curriculum and ‘graduate’ herefrom by  way of fully realizing your Cosmic ‘I’dentity here this time around; or
  • (b) continue your ‘association’ in completely psychospiritual realms – that is, assuming you and they did ‘graduate’ and so had no further purpose to fulfill by incarnating again; or
  • (c) assuming you ‘graduate’ and they don’t (so they continue to reincarnate) or vice versa, because there really aren’t any ‘rigid’ boundaries between physical and non-physical realms of Life (these are actually existentially interleaved), just engage across the apparent gap between these. In the latter case, disincarnate souls inhabiting purely psychospiritual realms (this  also pertains to those that are presently just ‘between’ incarnations) may interact and communicate with incarnated folks in undetected ways (i.e. not consciously registered by locally focused brains) in their ‘waking’ lives, and incarnated souls may ‘trip out’☺ and engage with disincarnate souls they have an affiliational affinity with in their ‘dreams’, albeit such realm-spanning interactions and communications may  not be recognized for what they are because these are generally physical-brain translated into the ‘language’ of images and symbols and, in any case, lack of biosensory impression usually results in their quickly fading from brain-based memory upon one’s bodily ‘waking up’.
Those who ‘see’ what’s happening in this light will know that they as well as others don’t really ‘need’ to grasp for or hold onto anyone or anything in order to become and continue to experience being completely happy (that is, fully Love and Joy related) souls, and that there’s no really compelling ‘reason’ for them to ‘lament’ the worldly destruction, loss or inaccessibility of anyone or anything either, not to the point where they are completely unhappy at least. They will live knowing that they ever-continue to be munificently ‘gifted’ by, and, though there may of course be momentary lapses in this regard as a result of their experiencing physical and/or emotional pain, generally be very appreciative of and feel enormous gratitude for being included in, Life’s ever-ongoing Love and Joy Flow Process, and so whole-mind-n-heart-edly engage in [generous [/i]sharing[/i] and unabashed celebration thereof no matter what!"

I remind you of my 'view', albeit I think this is presently anathema to you, that this whole world (of 'nature') is basically (in terms of function) just kindergarten scaffolding whereby nascent souls are 'given' the opportunity/challenge/chance to develop and possibly mature. It too (not just our bodies) is 'mortal'.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:45 pm Yeah well, if we're going to open it up to speculating about the machinations of stock market trading, then maybe we should open it up to talking baseball trades as well. How about those Blue Jays signing Springer for $150 million? :roll:

You should be censored for such a suggestion but, alas, I lack the power (not that I want it). :roll:

No insult intended but, more seriously, this is what I mean by the need to return the Queen to Her throne, as it is the role of the Sovereign Mother to set the rules for the household and kick out the unruly kids.

HOWEVER, Santeri is quite correct in asserting that stock trading is now raising to highest profile (and profit) the periphery/polis tension that is a core question both for metaphysics and the new role of social media.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

kick out the unruly kids.
What about the 'kid' who just keeps on pouting, because he doesn't agree with the rules that some 65 other house members seem to have no issue with? As discussed in our PM exchange, I happen to trust that the unruly 'kids' are bright and mature enough to get the quite moderate message from a 'moderator', without needing a 'mommy' to kick them out of the house.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

David_Sundaram wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:23 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:43 amWe don’t get to choose what challenges we’ll face, but we do get to decide how we face them. The first thing we need to do is let go of the idea that life will ever be normal again — elsewhere, I’ve called this “learning how to die.”
I remind you of my 'view', albeit I think this is presently anathema to you, that this whole world (of 'nature') is basically (in terms of function) just kindergarten scaffolding whereby nascent souls are 'given' the opportunity/challenge/chance to develop and possibly mature. It too (not just our bodies) is 'mortal'.
David, here we go again. No, I'm not gonna read slowly your verbal torrents, not out of disrespect but because I already grok them. I am basically agnostic concerning your progressive developmental views. Yes, that's a possibility but no certainty. It's as likely that an immanent view of making a heaven on earth co-exists with a transcendent view of rising toward an elsewhere paradise. If I were to place a bet it would simply be with an ongoing process of change and the need to learn to hold balance on slippery ground. There are battles raging as well in the astral.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:53 pm
kick out the unruly kids.
What about the 'kid' who just keeps on pouting, because he doesn't agree with the rules that some 65 other house members seem to have no issue with? As discussed in our PM exchange, I happen to trust that the unruly 'kids' are bright and mature enough to get the quite moderate message from a 'moderator', without needing a 'mommy' to kick them out of the house.
Do you seek to banish the roll (misspell intended) of heyoka or court-jester who pesteringly reveals the shadow and mocks authority? Perhaps, it takes a kid to see the emperor has no clothes. Why do you appeal to consensus rather than just chuckle at me? Do I smell a power trip?
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Do you seek to banish the roll ...
Banishing trolls who are just interested in pushing buttons maybe, but not members who for the most part contribute truly worthwhile content, without getting their 'royal' knickers in a knot. If that's a 'power trip' so be it.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:40 pm
Do you seek to banish the roll ...
Banishing trolls who are just interested in pushing buttons maybe, but not members who for the most part contribute truly worthwhile content, without getting their 'royal' knickers in a knot. If that's a 'power trip' so be it.
'roll' to 'troll' perception is intriguing -- indeed! :shock: the misspell was from 'role' to 'roll' :lol:

Santeri's linking stock trading and social media was genuinely and metaphysically interesting -- transformation of polis and periphery relationship.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:45 pm Yeah well, if we're going to open it up to speculating about the machinations of stock market trading, then maybe we should open it up to talking baseball trades as well. How about those Blue Jays signing Springer for $150 million? :roll:
My censured comment was not about stock market speculation, tho, at least directly. It was about social media and Swarm intelligence - Gebser style mythical and animistic magical - in light of a concrete example from current news feed. The global attention grabbing myths are David vs. Goliath and Robin Hood, small guy vs. big guy with big dose of Heyoka, and complex dynamic relations of wholes and parts, MAL and alters.

But let's talk censorship and non-judge-men-tally observe how small and big can be reflected in that regard too. Robin Hood abandoned the unruly and merry swarm chaps of the forest and allied with the Sheriff (prevented gamers from placing more bets because House was losing) and a dedicated gamer platform (Discord) banned the swarm of "autists". The closure of the Mythical by the rational denial by the Mental is of course not total, as from perspective of the Mythical, Mental is just playing it's predictable role in the Tragicomedy.

Observing own state in this positioning of the integral discourse, Heart is neutrally present and mind is moving, withdrawing towards Witness. But no full Empty, as Heart does not obey the Meditator's command to become empty of all content. Is this what they call the disruptive social media form of Autism? Maybe, deep passion-substance feeding and guiding game theoretical distance taking, which constantly moves from game player to game maker in a dynamic loop of game solving. Chaos magic of fusion of diachrony and synchrony. Mental consecutive diachrony asks vision for 2050, Mythical synchrony observes the question unfolding in this synchrony.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:19 pm
My censured comment was not about stock market speculation, tho, at least directly. It was about social media and Swarm intelligence - Gebser style mythical and animistic magical - in light of a concrete example from current news feed. The global attention grabbing myths are David vs. Goliath and Robin Hood, small guy vs. big guy with big dose of Heyoka, and complex dynamic relations of wholes and parts, MAL and alters.

But let's talk censorship and non-judge-men-tally observe how small and big can be reflected in that regard too. Robin Hood abandoned the unruly and merry swarm chaps of the forest and allied with the Sheriff (prevented gamers from placing more bets because House was losing) and a dedicated gamer platform (Discord) banned the swarm of "autists". The closure of the Mythical by the rational denial by the Mental is of course not total, as from perspective of the Mythical, Mental is just playing it's predictable role in the Tragicomedy.

Observing own state in this positioning of the integral discourse, Heart is neutrally present and mind is moving, withdrawing towards Witness. But no full Empty, as Heart does not obey the Meditator's command to become empty of all content. Is this what they call the disruptive social media form of Autism? Maybe, deep passion-substance feeding and guiding game theoretical distance taking, which constantly moves from game player to game maker in a dynamic loop of game solving. Chaos magic of fusion of diachrony and synchrony. Mental consecutive diachrony asks vision for 2050, Mythical synchrony observes the question unfolding in this synchrony.
Marvelous elaboration Santeri. THANKS! Third paragraph is beyond my paygrade but I believe I grok it.