Idealist vision for 2050?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
SanteriSatama

Re: Idealist vision for 2050?

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm I'll work on talking to you like a lover,
I tried the "A Guided Meditation with Mooji & Russell Brand" as it popped after an other video, but I couldn't follow the instructions by Mooji, could not remove heart-feel from awareness. Should I work on that?
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:23 pm
My reply was primarily about how we might make a buck off of this insanity... so I agree with your deletion
:mrgreen:

Yeah, good luck to all these so-called Robin Hoods when it comes to cashing out their new found virtual wealth, and they get a Buddha-like lesson in impermanence.
"So the last will be first, and the first will be last".
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:34 pm
Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm I'll work on talking to you like a lover,

I tried the "A Guided Meditation with Mooji & Russell Brand" as it popped after an other video, but I couldn't follow the instructions by Mooji, could not remove heart-feel from awareness. Should I work on that?

Not sure about that ... There's a desert toad that is purported to dissolve all content of awareness, and yet there always seems to remain a coexistent Divine Love/Bliss multiplied by a gazillion ... go figure.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:34 pm
If you want to, yes, by all means.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Lou Gold wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:47 am If you want to, yes, by all means.
Can't really say I want to. I love myself, warts, ego and all my beauty. I remember the escapist drive to 'enlighten' and get away from the pain when heart was broken. But that was times ago. Now I love also my thoughts from the bottom of my heart.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

SanteriSatama wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 am
Lou Gold wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:47 am If you want to, yes, by all means.
Can't really say I want to. I love myself, warts, ego and all my beauty. I remember the escapist drive to 'enlighten' and get away from the pain when heart was broken. But that was times ago. Now I love also my thoughts from the bottom of my heart.
Indeed, follow your bliss.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Santeri,

I received two gifts recently, both from you -- "Finding Joe" and the Brand/Mooji interview -- both lovely to hold, both without contradiction. I'm grateful. My offering is to share the story.

Um grande abraço para você.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Back to the theme, perhaps this has a more aligned timeline:

"The world is as you dream it, " he said at last. "Your people dreamed of huge factories, tall buildings, as many cars as there are raindrops in this river. Now you begin to see that your dream is a nightmare." He bent to pick up a stone. "The problem is your country is like this pebble." He threw it far out into the river. "Everything you do ripples across the Mother.
"How can I change, Don Alberto? How can my people change this terrible situation we've created?"
"That's simple," he replied. "All you have to do is change the dream."
It sounded so easy.
"How long will it take?"
He glanced once more down the river. "It can be accomplished in a generation. You need only plant a different seed, teach your children to dream new dreams."

-Numi, Shuar Shaman
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

So, let me ask: If, as an Idealist, you were planting a different dream in a child, what would it be?

Please respond as if talking to that child rather than (for example) saying that you'd send the child to a Waldorf School. How would you express the dreaming seed to the child? What vision would you plant?
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Lou Gold wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:16 pm So, let me ask: If, as an Idealist, you were planting a different dream in a child, what would it be?

Please respond as if talking to that child rather than (for example) saying that you'd send the child to a Waldorf School. How would you express the dreaming seed to the child? What vision would you plant?
"Listen here, Buck-O. You know those monsters you imagine are hiding under you bed and in your closet? They are REAL and they aren't going anywhere, so learn to live with them. They are hiding from you like you are hiding from them. Don't try to hide anymore, everyone wants to be found. If you pay attention to them now, they won't devour you later. Got it? Good. Now clean up your damn room!"
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."