Idealist vision for 2050?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Soul_of_Shu

Re: Idealist vision for 2050?

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

Santeri ... if that was the kind of nuanced response that you intended to evoke, and it can stay focused on that metaphysical aspect, without turning into a reddit-like pissing contest, then feel free to carry on.
Here out of instinct or grace we seek
soulmates in these galleries of hieroglyph and glass,
where mutual longings and sufferings of love
are laid bare in transfigured exhibition of our hearts,
we who crave deep secrets and mysteries,
as elusive as the avatars of our dreams.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:45 pm Yeah well, if we're going to open it up to speculating about the machinations of stock market trading, then maybe we should open it up to talking baseball trades as well. How about those Blue Jays signing Springer for $150 million? :roll:
My reply was primarily about how we might make a buck off of this insanity... so I agree with your deletion :mrgreen:

My metaphysical take is that these machinations stem from a cultural orientation in the opposite direction of Nietzsche's maxim, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". There is an insistence that we must shield ourselves from the negative consequences of our actions and that we cannot possibly learn from our failures. A perverse fear that failure = permanent death. Let people manipulate the pricing mechanisms freely, I say, and then them fail spectacularly and equally.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

My reply was primarily about how we might make a buck off of this insanity... so I agree with your deletion
:mrgreen:

Yeah, good luck to all these so-called Robin Hoods when it comes to cashing out their new found virtual wealth, and they get a Buddha-like lesson in impermanence.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Here's a hopefully neutral story of how crisis might play out. Not a bad vision for now but perhaps too late in 2050. Interestingly, the location is my old hearthome in the boonies of Southern Oregon. The leap from there into the NY Times brings memories of old activist days in the same place. Think globally and act locally.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm feel free to carry on.
Ok, let's feel so. <3

What grabs the attention of mythologer poetry, once again, is how ridiculously blatant and plain the Language of the World often is. The sign "GameStop" as such. Of course a sign evokes and invites to story-tell our interpretations in linear time, but there's also interest in suspending that function. Just a game and a stop. A sign-seed from which duration of more comprehensive collective consensus grows towards both past and future, incorporating a game board and its game rules. Here "I am" is the proverbial holographic grain of sand. Embodied game is now this vision:

This grain of sand is the tip of the inverted pyramid multiplying, growing to high heavens, I, now the idea of "One", the Atlas carrying on the inverted debt-money pyramid of various degrees of game money layers, always bigger layer on top of lower layer, shadowing the desert. Darkness brings a soft breeze, the One-aspect starts to dissolve in the shifting sands, the bottom tip of the inverted pyramid does not stay put, Atlas is not holding, not playing more of the crumbling, dissolving game that was the dark cloud over what our consensus building can vision for 2050. .

Consensus building is not any specific form, at least not yet. Consensus building is simply listening with heart, grain of sand transformed into a seed of holographic informing.
Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

grain of sand transformed into a seed of holographic informing.

And then there's being transformed into castles made of sand ...

SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:23 pm Yeah, good luck to all these so-called Robin Hoods when it comes to cashing out their new found virtual wealth, and they get a Buddha-like lesson in impermanence.
The desire for permanence is the meditation of Witness without content. That meditation is not for the lion-hearted. This is:

Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

The desire for permanence is the meditation of Witness without content.

Now you've lost this witness. I'm more intrigued by the meditation of emptifullness ... nothing missing to desire.
SanteriSatama

Post by SanteriSatama »

Soul_of_Shu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:17 pm
grain of sand transformed into a seed of holographic informing.

And then there's being transformed into castles made of sand ...
The money game as we knew it was all about 'liquid' assets, now their game morphed into building a sand castle of dams, roofs and walls against Swarm intelligence blowing, flowing in the liquidity game.

Soul_of_Shu

Post by Soul_of_Shu »

I'll work on talking to you like a lover, but meanwhile I'll try not to transform into this moderator of a metaphysics-based reddit forum ...

"I'm bored of deleting unsuitable posts. So, for the next few weeks there will be no discussion, if I think your submission is unsuitable it will be deleted and you will be banned for twenty-three days. Anyone who positively replies to such a post will be banned for either eleven or thirteen days."

Muhahaha !!