Nature demons

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Güney27

Nature demons

Post by Güney27 »

I recently read that many people are born without an ego and are in fact demons of nature.
That is then also Rudolf Steiner's explanation for the fact that there are more and more people.
I haven't read much from steiner on this topic.
One is said to recognize selfless people by their earlobes, although no precise characteristics have been given. However, this raises many questions.
How is the inner life of such a being?
Does such a being have the feeling of being a me.
What happens when such a being begins to study anthroposophy and begins to meditate?
Is it evolving?
How can someone tell that they don't have an I?
How should one treat such a person?

"These are the cases, which occur more and more frequently, that children are born and human forms are there that are not really human in relation to the highest ego, but are filled with beings that do not belong to the human class. Since the nineties there have been a lot many egoless people, where there is no reincarnation, but where the human form is filled by a kind of nature demon. There are already quite a number of old people walking around who are actually not people, but nature-spiritual beings and people only in relation to their shape. Man cannot build a school of demons

(I translated it from German)

Kind regards
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
AshvinP

Re: Nature demons

Post by AshvinP »

Güney27 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:50 pm I recently read that many people are born without an ego and are in fact demons of nature.
That is then also Rudolf Steiner's explanation for the fact that there are more and more people.
One is said to recognize selfless people by their earlobes, although no precise characteristics have been given. However, this raises many questions.
What happens when such a being begins to study anthroposophy and begins to meditate?
Is it evolving?

"These are the cases, which occur more and more frequently, that children are born and human forms are there that are not really human in relation to the highest ego, but are filled with beings that do not belong to the human class. Since the nineties there have been a lot many egoless people, where there is no reincarnation, but where the human form is filled by a kind of nature demon. There are already quite a number of old people walking around who are actually not people, but nature-spiritual beings and people only in relation to their shape. Man cannot build a school of demons

Kind regards
Guney,

I also came across this in a lecture recently, and I was rather confused and starting running the intellectual motor to try and figure out what was going on. Then I slowed down and asked myself, 'why do I expect to be in position to understand these deepest secrets of human evolution right now?' We can gain a lot of valuable insight and self-knowledge by asking ourselves such questions, especially if we are in the early stages of spiritual development and are seeking out the advanced questions of spiritual science before we have understood the foundations. Why are we doing that? What do we hope to gain for ourselves by doing that? Often, when we dig deeper into these questions, we will find our intellect - our lower "I" - has been working at cross-purposes to our deeper intuitive being, i.e. the wiser "I" within us which Cleric mentioned on the other thread.

Secondly, it looks like you may have come across a different lecture than I did, so it is also helpful to consider the following:

Steiner wrote:Anyone who says that one shouldn't act in a sympathetic way to such ego-less, individuality-less people, since they won't incarnate again and because they have no individuality — is very much mistaken. He would also have to say that one shouldn't behave in a sympathetic way towards children. One must decide what is really inside such men in each individual case. Sometimes such men contain posthumous souls, that is, posthumous with respect to the actual or normal human souls that arose at a particular time in evolution and which incarnate repeatedly as men. These are souls which remained behind, or they are souls which returned belatedly from other planets, to which almost all human beings went during a certain age. Such souls may be present in such human bodies. Thus we must consciously educate such men like permanent children.

We have to be very dispassionate and objective about these things, but also sympathetic to the universal struggles of humanity. In a certain sense, even your ego is not fully incarnated within your body-soul organism yet (which takes place around age 21). Most of us actually go about life confusing various animalistic tendencies for our true "I". None of us is guaranteed to remain at our current stage of evolution indefinitely - it is conceivable that we drop out of the 'human' stream if we remain chained to our lower animalistic conditioning for too long. Every trial and tribulation which our fellow beings go through should make us grateful, because they give us the opportunity to learn, to be courageous, to stand up for them, to be just in everything we do, and to hopefully make things right and ease the suffering of all over time.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

Güney27 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:50 pm I recently read that many people are born without an ego and are in fact demons of nature.
Is it evolving?

Kind regards

Lorenzo drops everything and runs away from this forum as fast as he can
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

lorenzop wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:39 am
Is it evolving?

Kind regards

Lorenzo drops everything and runs away from this forum as fast as he can

Lorenzo not only thinks as a 3rd person spectator, but talks as one too :)
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"