The world does not exist outside of perception, yet neither does it not exist.

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Federica

Re: The world does not exist outside of perception, yet neither does it not exist.

Post by Federica »

That's spectacular, but also inevitable when one is not interested in seeking freedom beyond the labyrinth.
Whoever speaks of finding the way out of the labyrinth, or breaking free from the suit, is threatening the survival of the philosopher role and needs to be silenced.
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
AshvinP

Re: The world does not exist outside of perception, yet neither does it not exist.

Post by AshvinP »

Wayfarer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:54 pm
Cleric K wrote:Presently, your focus of work is to point out the path on which the mind realizes its self-supported illusions and moves into its foundations. From that vantage point the mind sees everything as mental pictures, for which it has no justification to say that they represent some distinct objective reality-in-itself.
That is not the intent of the OP and not a conclusion I seek to draw, although I can see how it can be read that way.

My intent was broadly in support of the kinds of arguments that Kastrup employs to demonstrate that what is generally considered a 'mind-independent', truly existing material reality is itself dependent on mind. I also appealed to Buddhism, because Buddhism has a very sophisticated form of philosophical psychology, namely Abhidharma, although on reflection, I might have left that out, because explaining the abhidharma framework would be too great an undertaking in a medium such as this.

In any case, I've decided not to continue with this forum, as it is too esoteric for my liking, with far too much emphasis on Rudolf Steiner, so I'm signing out. Thanks for all the responses and all the best.

You probably won't read this, but I will give you some credit for the bold. Often we hear, "it's incomprehensible", "it's too complex", "it's too dictatorial", "it's cult indoctrination", or any number of similar externalized blaming strategies. My favorite was this one :)

findingblanks wrote:Soul, I'm 47% shocked you don't find these non-stop group unrequested seminars to be at least as disparaging as a short snide remark.
And Cleric's response was even better :P
This is the Central Topic all over again! Thinking in the cone loves to bask in rich metaphors such as 'implicit order' but at the moment thinking has to apply this metaphor to itself, it suddenly becomes disparaging, elitist, supremacist, unrequested seminarist and what not. All of this so glaringly obvious that it hurts the eyes.

Anyway, more people should locate their refusal to consider anything which uncomfortably challenges their intellectual templates in the sphere of their own likes and dislikes, their own personalized interests and preferences. That's at least a tiny step towards making the real underlying issues here more conscious. Whether that's a good way to search for the Truth in any philosophical or scientific or spiritual way, is obviously not without need for further comment.

It's also interesting that Cleric didn't mention or quote Steiner once, yet you avoided the substance of his posts the most! Probably the last one hit too close to home. We are all battling with the endless intellectual beard-trimming industry within ourselves, lording over the low-hanging fruit with a feeling of intellectual superiority, but we stand no chance unless we are willing to admit this shadow and bring it into the Light of consciousness.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
findingblanks

Post by findingblanks »

This was great! Mind if I ask a few clarifying questions?
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

findingblanks wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:13 pm This was great! Mind if I ask a few clarifying questions?
Sure, no one is moderating the forum anymore, so your questions won't be censored :)