The Nature of the sensory world or do we really *know* the ultimate ground of reality?

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Federica

Re: The Nature of the sensory world or do we really *know* the ultimate ground of reality?

Post by Federica »

Eugene, a question about this existence in the sensory world that we find ourselves conducting in the realm of the Demiurge: what are the guidelines that you suggest to apply to this current life in the lower dimension, under the hypothesis that it is still worth pursuing, as I understand you believe? How should we treat earthly goals, desires, achievements, relationships with others and with society, pleasures, moods, physical needs, feelings? I am not asking about your personal situation. Rather, what would be in your view a correct, ideal way to approach all these aspects of the human condition on the earthly plane?
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
Stranger

Re: The Nature of the sensory world or do we really *know* the ultimate ground of reality?

Post by Stranger »

lorenzop wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:21 pm Agreed, I'm OK wih the use of word 'sacrificing' in this case, though it is a more of Judea\Christian notion, or for monks who like to live in chains. For the typical human being, one only needs to infuse more Oneness - and everything falls into place - and also a hankering for liberation to speed things up.
That's right, it all depends on how much you want to push it to facilitate this infusion. The infusion does not happen automatically but it's waiting for your deliberate will to open yourself to it and to free some space for it in your time-space of mind that is usually very busy with so many other important things and thoughts and desires and interests. So, the more you willingly "sacrifice" those things, the more you give the way and space for the Oneness to infuse.
"You are not a drop in the ocean, you are the ocean in a drop" Rumi
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Federica wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:25 pm Eugene, a question about this existence in the sensory world that we find ourselves conducting in the realm of the Demiurge: what are the guidelines that you suggest to apply to this current life in the lower dimension, under the hypothesis that it is still worth pursuing, as I understand you believe? How should we treat earthly goals, desires, achievements, relationships with others and with society, pleasures, moods, physical needs, feelings? I am not asking about your personal situation. Rather, what would be in your view a correct, ideal way to approach all these aspects of the human condition on the earthly plane?
Well, there is really no "golden rule" to deal with those "earthly goals, desires, achievements, relationships with others and with society, pleasures, moods, physical needs, feelings" in any "ideal way". But when we make the spiritual goals the highest priority and when we progress along the path, we will see those other things from more and more different perspective and their priorities and attraction and appeal to us will change. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you". We may lose interest in things that we were involved with or attracted to before, and new activities will become more appealing to us. Usually, those new activities are less self-centered and more about helping other people and facilitating their spiritual evolution and also about our own further spiritual development. Sometimes some people will push it hard and make more deliberate sacrifices of their earthly involvements, if we take for example monastics, but that is optional. But it is still true that the more we sacrifice the activities that are irrelevant and do not help with the spiritual goals, the more we facilitate the progress of the soul's evolution in the spiritual direction.
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

AshvinP wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:26 pm
lorenzop wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:21 pm Agreed, I'm OK wih the use of word 'sacrificing' in this case, though it is a more of Judea\Christian notion, or for monks who like to live in chains. For the typical human being, one only needs to infuse more Oneness - and everything falls into place - and also a hankering for liberation to speed things up.

What specifically within "everything" has fallen into place for you, Lorenzo?
We all have access to the same everything.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Stranger wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:51 pm When the state of Oneness becomes stable, communications with other beings does not distract it in any way. Rather, you sense the same Oneness/subjectivity experiencing and acting in the other being even though that being in its current state of mind may not realize that and thinks of themselves as a separate subject/self. But this of course only happens when the state/experience of Oneness becomes more-or-less stable. On initial stages you can usually only experience Oneness during meditation/prayer and then lose it in daytime activities, distractions and communications with other people. It takes time and persistent efforts for this state to become stable and mature. Also, you cannot make yourself experience Oneness, it comes by itself when you are open and ready for it. I think Jesus described it very precisely: "The Spirit breathes where he will, and you hear his voice, but you do not know from where he comes and where he goes; thus is everyone who is born from The Spirit" (John 3)
And while you're resonating with the other being in this way, would you say that we still have consciousness that we're a being that resonates with another being or while the oneness is present it's impossible to make a distinction?
Federica

Post by Federica »

Stranger wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:48 pm
Federica wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:25 pm Eugene, a question about this existence in the sensory world that we find ourselves conducting in the realm of the Demiurge: what are the guidelines that you suggest to apply to this current life in the lower dimension, under the hypothesis that it is still worth pursuing, as I understand you believe? How should we treat earthly goals, desires, achievements, relationships with others and with society, pleasures, moods, physical needs, feelings? I am not asking about your personal situation. Rather, what would be in your view a correct, ideal way to approach all these aspects of the human condition on the earthly plane?
Well, there is really no "golden rule" to deal with those "earthly goals, desires, achievements, relationships with others and with society, pleasures, moods, physical needs, feelings" in any "ideal way". But when we make the spiritual goals the highest priority and when we progress along the path, we will see those other things from more and more different perspective and their priorities and attraction and appeal to us will change. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you". We may lose interest in things that we were involved with or attracted to before, and new activities will become more appealing to us. Usually, those new activities are less self-centered and more about helping other people and facilitating their spiritual evolution and also about our own further spiritual development. Sometimes some people will push it hard and make more deliberate sacrifices of their earthly involvements, if we take for example monastics, but that is optional. But it is still true that the more we sacrifice the activities that are irrelevant and do not help with the spiritual goals, the more we facilitate the progress of the soul's evolution in the spiritual direction.

Does that mean that you have no particular recommendations for how to conduct one’s life besides meditation, and that one would simply see Oneness make things fall into place in everyday life if meditation is done right?
What are some examples of those activities you refer to that would help/not help with the spiritual goals (besides monastic life which you said is optional)?
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

lorenzop wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:56 am
AshvinP wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:26 pm

What specifically within "everything" has fallen into place for you, Lorenzo?
We all have access to the same everything.

I was wondering, when you 'infuse more Oneness', what exactly 'falls into place', becoming more interwoven, interconnected, lawfully related, etc. in your experience? Presumably things were out of place before, and then they fall into place. Or do we just go through the day feeling, "everything is One"? Does anything change other than our personal feelings of pleasure, happiness, and satisfaction, or is that actually the goal in your view?
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Cleric K wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:50 am And while you're resonating with the other being in this way, would you say that we still have consciousness that we're a being that resonates with another being or while the oneness is present it's impossible to make a distinction?
I would rather describe it not as an experience of a "being", but as a spiritual activity of consciousness/subjectivity resonating and interconnecting with another spiritual activity of the same consciousness/subjectivity. There is an experience of Being, but again, it is the same Being active in both spiritual activities.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Federica wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:32 am Does that mean that you have no particular recommendations for how to conduct one’s life besides meditation, and that one would simply see Oneness make things fall into place in everyday life if meditation is done right?
What are some examples of those activities you refer to that would help/not help with the spiritual goals (besides monastic life which you said is optional)?
Yes, if you make continuous efforts to abide in Oneness, thigs will fall into place naturally, but I still need to make certain choices to steer my activities in the right direction. For me the activities that help are interacting with and helping people and animals in loving and compassionate ways while staying mindful and not slipping into mindless irrelevant chats, and also arts/music as a recreational activity. Not helping is any activity that draws my attention too much from abiding in mindfulness and clarity of Oneness. For example, spending time on youtube listening to news, I try to minimize it just to stay informed but it's usually quite toxic and distracting.
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

AshvinP wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:31 pm I was wondering, when you 'infuse more Oneness', what exactly 'falls into place', becoming more interwoven, interconnected, lawfully related, etc. in your experience? Presumably things were out of place before, and then they fall into place. Or do we just go through the day feeling, "everything is One"? Does anything change other than our personal feelings of pleasure, happiness, and satisfaction, or is that actually the goal in your view?
'falls into place' as in - nothing more needs to be done.
The Teaching of Christ and Buddha (and others) I am suggesting here does not propose that people have or seek extraordinary experiences, or generate specific moods or feelings.
Nor does this Teaching seek to banish duality, or banish thoughts, or banish any specific experiences or feelings,
Rather, infuse or grow in pure consciousness, oneness, unboundedness . . .( I am choosing words here that are non-religious, more secular.)
The Bhagavad Gita suggests this simply as: Established in Yoga (unity\oneness), perform action.
Various religions might word it as: Establish your spiritual heritage as pure consciousness, self as unboundedness; then enter the world as a free individual where pure consciousness as Self is not overshadowed\overwhelmed by the experiences of the world. That's it.