Fairy Tales for the Spirit

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Federica

Re: Fairy Tales for the Spirit

Post by Federica »

AshvinP wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:33 pm Here is a great series of videos on Goethe's fairy tale, the Green Snake and the Beautiful Lily - which some rank among the best that were ever imaginatively condensed - that goes through it with quality illustrations. It is fundamentally an 'alchemical' allegory for the marriage between the purified soul and the higher Spirit.

Thanks!
I've watched part 1. I can't say I understand much, I will let it sit :) I really enjoyed the tale nonetheless, and the beautiful drawings!
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
AshvinP

Re: Fairy Tales for the Spirit

Post by AshvinP »

Federica wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:41 pm
AshvinP wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:33 pm Here is a great series of videos on Goethe's fairy tale, the Green Snake and the Beautiful Lily - which some rank among the best that were ever imaginatively condensed - that goes through it with quality illustrations. It is fundamentally an 'alchemical' allegory for the marriage between the purified soul and the higher Spirit.

Thanks!
I've watched part 1. I can't say I understand much, I will let it sit :) I really enjoyed the tale nonetheless, and the beautiful drawings!

It could help to also peruse these lectures by Steiner on its occult significance - https://rsarchive.org/Lectures/SerpLily ... 04p01.html
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"