Triadic idealism: a model for the fundamental nature of reality

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Triadic idealism: a model for the fundamental nature of reality

Post by Lou Gold »

AshvinP wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:45 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:40 am
AshvinP wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:30 pm

Hey Lou,

I'm also glad that you continue to 'lurk', although you also occassionally throw out some philosophically involved comments as well.

But I wonder what would happen if everyone took pleasure in lurking and observing and learning? Then there would be no forum to lurk in, observe, or learn from. Or, at best, there would be a self-congratulatory echo bubble where people simply voice shared opinions in one or two sentences, post links/pictures/videos, and generally take comfort in the fact that everyone 'agrees' with them. There would be a few materialism vs. idealism, or X vs. Y, abstract intellectual debates that endlessly circle around themselves, mostly for entertainment value. We have already seen how that forum looks and anyone can still get a sense for it by perusing the 'Bernardo gets a room of his own' section.

But then who does the heavy lifting of stimulating novel discussions, about concrete inner realities, with practical applications for our individual and collective evolution of the World? It seems most people are simply waiting around and hoping others will do that lifting and sow those seeds, so they can come along later and reap the benefits, not only on forums, but in life more generally, whether those 'others' are conceived as nature, human technology, the state, or Gods. That disposition is very much at the heart of what we call material and mystical reductionism here, or the overall lack of serious enthusiasm for the life of the Spirit. In the vain efforts to hold ourselves out as 'politically correct' or 'virtuous' or 'nice and compassionate', and so forth, we forsake the inner courage and serious work which some must adopt (and why not the some right here on this forum?) if there is to be anything left to soar high or dive deep into.

But I wonder what would happen if everyone took pleasure in lurking and observing and learning? Then there would be no forum to lurk in, observe, or learn from.

It could be a showcase of sharing from a diverse group of shining jewels.

I grok that there's philosophical heavy lifting. I'm grateful that some are prepared to do it and I acknowledge that it's not my mission, which is storytelling through images and words.

About the parable, my nature is to do show-and-tell.

What in this scenario would make the forum any different from the showcase of diverse jewels known as Instagram? I'm seriously asking.

What we want, what we like, what is our 'nature', is only one side of the issue, which has of course risen to prominence in the pursuit of individual freedom. The other side is what the World needs. As mentioned on the other thread, our not too distant ancestors experienced the Thinking force with them as an expression of instreaming Divine Wisdom and Love, which in turn inspired a sense of responsibility towards outflowing that Wisdom-Love through the thinking force into the surrounding World for the benefit of human progress as a whole. In short, this Force wove their souls into something much bigger than themselves, and what brought them personal pleasure and satisfaction at any given time. Without some willing to sacrifice those latter instincts for the higher ideals, there will be nothing left for anyone to take pleasure or satisfaction in.

"Does not wisdom call out,

and understanding raise her voice?

On the heights overlooking the road,

at the crossroads she takes her stand.

Beside the gates to the city,

at the entrances she cries out:

“To you, O men, I call out,

and my cry is to the sons of men.

O simple ones, learn to be shrewd;

O fools, gain understanding.

Listen, for I speak of noble things,

and the opening of my lips will reveal right.

For my mouth will speak the truth,

and wickedness is detestable to my lips.

All the words of my mouth are righteous;

none are crooked or perverse.

They are all plain to the discerning,

and upright to those who find knowledge.

Receive my instruction instead of silver,

and knowledge rather than pure gold.

For wisdom is more precious than rubies,

and nothing you desire compares with her.
"
(Proverbs 8)
Yeah, Ashvin, Instagram per se is not likely to be satisfying to analytical philosophy and beauty is surely in the eye of the beholder, which is why we look within. My simple view is that those who see the shine within also see it in others and in mundane things. Their world becomes filled with the extraordinary ordinary.

I love the proverb and cannot agree more. And, yes, sacrifice means to make sacred.

Namaste.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love