Meditation

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

Re: Meditation

Post by AshvinP »

Cleric K wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:15 pm
AshvinP wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:22 am I don't discuss much of these things "IRL", so hopefully Discord is not representative of how people engage in general. On the other hand, I am talking about the servers dedicated to idealism and even spiritual outlooks like Anthroposophy (or the highly intellectualized version of it). The only adjusting of views is jumping from one Maya to another, from materialism to mysticism, from idealism to panpsychism, or something similar. There is absolutely no willingness to experience the real-time activity of thinking, the imaginative soul-gestures that get encoded in streams of intellectual commentary about the 'secrets of existence'. The trend is more concerning than I even previously imagined.

Not that I get overly judgmental or pessimistic about it - I realize these inner configurations are modulated by 'powers and principalities' that are working through the sheer momentum of ingrained soul habits at this point. But as objective patterns that can be discerned from the large dataset accumulated from interacting with many of the same people over and over again, they are unmistakable. Most of the interest is in speculating about NDEs or glorifying psychedelics, asking questions about what might happen after death but [semi-consciously] never hoping to hear a viable answer. Here is an example of a comment I made recently in response to such a question:

Met with deafening silence, except for - "Where are you getting all this from this seems like new age mumbo jumbo after you dead it's to late", from the guy who asked about why many NDE experiences were so "hellish". I don't see how anyone can reach the more demanding part of the task - calibrating our activity to be guided by the Good, which I agree will be of critical importance - before it is even suspected that there is a soul space of imaginative gestures to be guided. It seems to me the easy half is not so easy. Of course, that is not because of any externalized reasons like "it is too difficult to understand the esoteric terms or following the arguments" or anything like that, only because many people have lost sight of real-time thinking altogether and have used the commentary to convince themselves there is nothing to look for except reflected preferences and personal entertainment.
I guess the whole attitude with which people dabble in these questions is similar to the way they are drawn to criminal or horror movies, MMA fights and so on. They would like to flirt with some kind of stronger emotions but in no case they would like these things to happen to them.

Yeah, that makes sense. They want some indirect stimulation of the imaginative feeling currents but certainly don't want to live in those currents more intimately.

I was thinking the other day about how many physical animal gestures can be symbols for what we are often doing in our soul-gestures. For ex., if I pet my cat in a way that is antipathetic to her, or pick her up and put her in a place she finds uncomfortable or threatening for whatever reason, she will shake her head or whole body like she was doused in water and is shaking it off. These are the sorts of soul-gestures that I imagine are taking place when people are brought too intimately close to the currents of 'MMA fights' they otherwise seek through passive, indirect stimulation.

They feel like they have been picked up and placed somewhere that is very antipathetic to their current state of beliefs and expectations, that their etheric body has been stroked too directly with certain ideas, so they instinctively need to shake it all off. These subconscious gestures then get rationalized by the commentating intellect in all sorts of ways, even if the ideas expressed are intuitive and otherwise resonant with what the person has previously reasoned out about the structure of reality. Perhaps they say to themselves, 'This guy is speaking like he has concrete knowledge of what must take place after death and that is absurd... such things can only be passively speculated about. I will have no more of this!'.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"