Spiritual science of Martinus

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

Re: Spiritual science of Martinus

Post by AshvinP »

Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:57 am No, he was not seduced by these lies because he clearly stated that the "initiation" into the state of "real human kingdom" that is "not of this world" is exactly transcending the dualistic state into non-dual, as he himself wrote in the quote below. I said it many times that there is nothing wrong with Earth condition and it is not dualistic by itself, it is the current human karmic-genetic-cultural condition that is dualistic and that has to be transcended. And sure, that nondual transcendence needs "to be united with intellectual understanding of the relationship between the universe and the human being, or, as Christ referred to it, between "the father" and "the son"", and that is the needed unity of spiritual science and non-duality that is lacking in your current paradigm.
Martinus wrote:I saw how every limited thing ... revealed infinity and eternity. ... I became identical with what was "absolute" and "everlasting" and I saw all things from this "absoluteness" and "everlastingness". ... And it is this experiencing faculty that I have called "cosmic consciousness". ... I had experienced an "initiation"... Whereas my consciousness before this experience of mine was an expression of "local consciousness", it had now become an expression of "universal consciousness"

That is not his view, at all. So once again you are reiterating a one-sided 'transcendence' of exactly what Martinus and other occult researchers say we must work with and through. Let's be clear - you only call what we write "sectarian" because we use the word "must" in regards to precise pathways of cognitive development which will serve the Earth's continued evolution. Martinus does the same thing, but since you have not yet spotted how his approach also leads away from the conclusion of soul-atomic freedom in the post-death candy shop, you are not calling it "sectarian", yet.

Anyone who is genuinely inspired by the Christ impulse cannot be 'sectarian'. Occult science is exactly what leads us to discern the living spiritual relations on Earth which gradually dissolve sectarian boundaries, not only in abstract mystical theory, but in concrete scientific practice. We can participate in that redemptive process of establishing universal brotherhood on Earth through developing our own living thinking. Then we will no longer make comments such as these:

All I'm doing is just pointing to the messages of Christ and Buddha calling us to Oneness which you relentlessly reject. Do it your way but follow exactly what Christ and Buddha and masters of other traditions told us to do, which I gave plenty of quotes about, which is exactly to reach to the Oneness with the Divine and realize our Divine nature in this very lifetime. Or say I reject such possibility and will continue working for and under the dualistic hierarchy. Be honest.

Pointing to ancient religious traditions and trying to shame people into following them, as you understand them, is sectarian. We all project our own subconscious inner constellations out into the World. There is nothing inherently wrong with that as long as we gradually become more conscious of it, so we can redeem those inner tendencies. That is the Christ impulse which Martinus is speaking of. Right now, unfortunately, as shown by the spirit of all these threads you start and the associated posts, you have little inclination to become more conscious of these inner tendencies and instead seek to blame others, like Steiner, Anthroposophy, and the people writing on this forum.

I will just add one more thing before ending my part in this discussion with you. The initiation Martinus is speaking of in that quote is not what you know as 'non-duality'. I can discern that even from my initial review of his writings. Instead, it is more aligned with the following. It is an initiation which leads to unity which can be cognitively comprehended in its relations with the Earthly spectrum, which is lacking in 'nonduality' by your own admission and the fact that you continually fail to discern the living experience of Unity in the spiritual scientific paradigm.

Steiner wrote:But even this last remains of egoistic experience must cease if we wish to ascend to the highest stage of clairvoyance.

There we must completely lose the feeling that we exist as a separate being in any one part of the world. We must reach the point, not only of pouring ourselves into the other being and standing beside it, retaining our own separate experience, but we must actually feel the foreign being as our self. We must completely pass out of ourselves and lose the feeling that we are standing beside the other being. If we thus dive down into a foreign being, we succeed in looking upon our self as we were previously, as we are in ordinary life — as another being. For example, suppose a student at the higher stage of clairvoyance plunges down into some being of the kingdom of nature; he does not then look upon this being from within himself; he does not merely immerse himself in it as at the second stage of clairvoyance, but he knows himself to be one with this being, and he looks back upon himself from within it. Just as formerly he looked upon a foreign being as outside himself, so now at the higher stage of clairvoyance, he looks out from within the foreign being, and sees himself as a foreign being. That is the difference between the second and higher stages.

Only when this third stage is reached do we succeed in perceiving other beings in our spiritual environment besides those of the Second and. Third Hierarchies. The spiritual beings of whom we are then aware also belong to three categories. The first category we perceive chiefly when, in the manner described, we plunge down into the being of other men or of the higher animals, and by that means educate ourselves. The essential thing is not so much what we perceive in other human beings or in the higher animals, as that we should educate ourselves by that means and perceive behind the human beings and animals the spirits belonging to one of the categories of the First Hierarchy: — the Spirits of Will or, according to western esotericism — the Thrones.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

AshvinP wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:53 pm That is not his view, at all. So once again you are reiterating a one-sided 'transcendence' of exactly what Martinus and other occult researchers say we must work with and through. Let's be clear - you only call what we write "sectarian" because we use the word "must" in regards to precise pathways of cognitive development which will serve the Earth's continued evolution. Martinus does the same thing, but since you have not yet spotted how his approach also leads away from the conclusion of soul-atomic freedom in the post-death candy shop, you are not calling it "sectarian", yet.
No, it is not because of the "musts", but because you reject any views that are not 100% aligned with your current paradigm, including your explicit rejection of nonduality here. You are doing exactly what Martinus was cautioning against:
Martinus wrote:it is, in this respect, absolutely necessary that this movement is not led astray into limiting, encasing or crystallizing itself into a faith-based community, sect or association, thereby having a narrow-minded monopoly on "the one and only road to salvation".
And you are again betaing a strawman by twisting my position as " soul-atomic freedom in the post-death candy shop" which I said many times that it is not my position, but only your misinterpretation of it.
"You are not a drop in the ocean, you are the ocean in a drop" Rumi
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Federica wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:20 pm By the way, Eugene, thanks for bringing up Martinus. I remember the name was mentioned in that video you shared, on triadic idealism, that philosopher also was Danish. Who knows, maybe it's through Denmark that you will find your way to spiritual science :)

In any case, Martinus is interesting to me also because of geographical proximity, I'm seeing there are study circles even where I live. At the link, I'm finding many of the symbols intuitively helpful. Probably they would be valuable for concentration.
Yes, in fact Nikolaj Pilgaard Petersen is a follower of Martinus and he is further developing Martinus paradigm along the venues of idealistic philosophy.
Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:35 pm
AshvinP wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:53 pm That is not his view, at all. So once again you are reiterating a one-sided 'transcendence' of exactly what Martinus and other occult researchers say we must work with and through. Let's be clear - you only call what we write "sectarian" because we use the word "must" in regards to precise pathways of cognitive development which will serve the Earth's continued evolution. Martinus does the same thing, but since you have not yet spotted how his approach also leads away from the conclusion of soul-atomic freedom in the post-death candy shop, you are not calling it "sectarian", yet.
No, it is not because of the "musts", but because you reject any views that are not 100% aligned with your current paradigm, including your explicit rejection of nonduality here. You are doing exactly what Martinus was cautioning against:
Martinus wrote:it is, in this respect, absolutely necessary that this movement is not led astray into limiting, encasing or crystallizing itself into a faith-based community, sect or association, thereby having a narrow-minded monopoly on "the one and only road to salvation".
And you are again betaing a strawman by twisting my position as " soul-atomic freedom in the post-death candy shop" which I said many times that it is not my position, but only your misinterpretation of it.
"No, it is not because of the "musts", but because you reject any views that are not 100% aligned with your current paradigm,including your explicit rejection of nonduality here. You are doing exactly what Martinus was cautioning against.,,

Eugene,
In the same sense, everyone can be accused of rejecting any opinion that does not correspond to or does not support their own view. The effect of psychedelic substances on brain activity is taken by BK as evidence that consciousness is not tied to the brain, but by Robin Carhart-Harris as evidence of a material basis for consciousness. Why do two highly intellectuals interpret the data so differently?

Why does Kastrup find it more plausible to choose idealism rather than materialism like most scientists?
In most cases, I think we feel sympathy for a particular point of view, and then our thinking moves along that sympathetic path to formulate certain justifications. That's how it is with most worldviews. Of course one looks for reasons that are logical to support one's point of view, but this search for support is usually only created by the path of sympathy through which we move our thinking.
Would you say that the world you are currently have came about entirely through your free choice?
How does mindfulness meditation and the extreme y axis lead to awareness and understanding of one's soul constitution?

Best regards
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Güney27 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:52 pm Eugene,
In the same sense, everyone can be accused of rejecting any opinion that does not correspond to or does not support their own view. The effect of psychedelic substances on brain activity is taken by BK as evidence that consciousness is not tied to the brain, but by Robin Carhart-Harris as evidence of a material basis for consciousness. Why do two highly intellectuals interpret the data so differently?
Both scientists (including spiritual ones) and sectarian believers adhere to some opinions and reject others. The difference between scientists and sectarian believers is that the formers do it in a suggestive way implying that they may turn out to be wrong and others may turn out to be right, and that there may be other ways to do the same things or hold other opinions, while the sectarians never have even slightest doubts that their opinions and beliefs may be wrong and so regard their opinions as definite truths and other opinions not aligned with theirs as definite wrongs. By doing that the sectarians stagnate in their hardcore systems of beliefs and close for themselves the possibility to evolve and adjust/align their opinions with reality.

For example, even the hardnosed materialist Dan Dennet once said "but of course I can be wrong". That's a position of a scientist.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Güney27 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:52 pm
Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:35 pm
"No, it is not because of the "musts", but because you reject any views that are not 100% aligned with your current paradigm,including your explicit rejection of nonduality here. You are doing exactly what Martinus was cautioning against.,,

Eugene,

Why does Kastrup find it more plausible to choose idealism rather than materialism like most scientists?
In most cases, I think we feel sympathy for a particular point of view, and then our thinking moves along that sympathetic path to formulate certain justifications. That's how it is with most worldviews. Of course one looks for reasons that are logical to support one's point of view, but this search for support is usually only created by the path of sympathy through which we move our thinking.
Would you say that the world you are currently have came about entirely through your free choice?
How does mindfulness meditation and the extreme y axis lead to awareness and understanding of one's soul constitution?

Best regards

Excellent point, Guney. This is really at the heart of why people choose to ignore the science of the spirit. It is sometimes referred to as 'symptomatology'. I have been reading about it in connection with astrology. A person approaches a birth chart of planetary positions measured against either a 'tropical zodiac' or 'sidereal zodiac' (these have to do with different ways of determining which planets are in which signs). They have preconceived ideas of what qualities are associated with the various planets. So then they take the biography of a famous personality and, of course, they are able to find instances of the qualities which correspond to their preferred zodiac. All the qualities which support the other zodiac are ignored. This is basically what happens with the intellect across nearly all domains of scientific inquiry, in terms of finding evidence which supports certain theoretical frameworks.

Eugene is doing that with Martinus as well. He approaches with certain ideas about 'oneness', 'cosmic consciousness', 'Christ impulse', etc. and only pays attention to what in Martinus' writings align with those preconceptions, while ignoring everything that doesn't. Perhaps he will eventually realize this if he continues reading and comes across the certainty of Martinus' spiritual convictions. The reason it's easier to ignore that is because he doesn't go into as much detail as Steiner, which seems to leave things nebulous enough that we can continue projecting our preferences into the words. But anyone on a genuine esoteric path knows that, once the threshold is approached and/or crossed in full consciousness, it isn't a matter of debating theories, models, opinions, etc. anymore. That is a feature of mere intellectual thinking, which is what allowed for freedom of will in our thought, but also motivated rebellion against service of the Cosmic spiritual organism.

As you say, the only way to deal with this inevitable trap of modern thinking and harmonize our intents with the Cosmic organism without forsaking our freedom of will is to always try and keep our own soul constitution in sight, to purify the personal soul-life with living knowledge. Then we begin to truly desire de-personalized thinking above all else. In fact we are pained by thinking which expresses only personal preferences and sympathies. Once thinking is purified and enlivened, there is no sense in debating our living spiritual ideas any more than there is debating the heat of a burning flame or the harmonies of a symphony. Then it is only a matter of continually fleshing out the archetypal ideals of the Spirit so that we can be of better service to ourselves and others. It is fantastic that you have already discerned this truth, which only comes through a certain amount of self-knowledge.
"A secret law contrives,
To give time symmetry:
There is, within our lives,
An exact mystery."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

AshvinP wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:34 pm Excellent point, Guney. This is really at the heart of why people choose to ignore the science of the spirit.
Just like in secular sciences there is science and pseudo-science, likewise in spiritual science there is also science and pseudo-science. It is hard enough to decipher this difference in secular sciences, but it is even harder to do it in spiritual science due to the lack of established criteria and developed spiritual scientific method. IMO Martinus is a solid spiritual science, while in Steiner's teachings there is a lot of spiritual pseudo-science, even though there is still a lot of useful practices and good insights in his material, so it's a mish-mash, which only makes it more confusing for people to distinguish one from the other (and not all pseudo sciences are necessarily always useless or wrong either).
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Martinus wrote:"Only through being “one with the Father” will we be able to experience the realization of the Christmas message: peace on Earth, peace of mind, and peace between us and our fellow beings, that is, human beings, animals and plants."
Martinus, "Cosmic Consciousness"
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:55 pm
AshvinP wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:34 pm Excellent point, Guney. This is really at the heart of why people choose to ignore the science of the spirit.
Just like in secular sciences there is science and pseudo-science, likewise in spiritual science there is also science and pseudo-science. It is hard enough to decipher this difference in secular sciences, but it is even harder to do it in spiritual science due to the lack of established criteria and developed spiritual scientific method. IMO Martinus is a solid spiritual science, while in Steiner's teachings there is a lot of spiritual pseudo-science, even though there is still a lot of useful practices and good insights in his material, so it's a mish-mash, which only makes it more confusing for people to distinguish one from the other (and not all pseudo sciences are necessarily always useless or wrong either).
How can one get to know one's own soul constitution by dissolving one's own perspective into one of the cosmic viewer? These are mostly hidden and are real forces. How does meditation lead to realization of these when it puts us in a panoramic state in which we distance ourselves from and observe our known feelings and thoughts. R's meditation is really about differentiation of one's own activities, with those who steer them, so to speak, the paths. We focus our own activity, and then the pathways "that do not belong to us" (that we have not created ourselves from our day-consciousness) will show up as imprints on our activity, as Cleric has often described.
Spiritual science is the science in which these things are studied.
I see no comprehensible reason why this should be a pseudo-science
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~