What Barfield Thought (Max Leyf and Landon Loftin)

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Federica

Re: What Barfield Thought (Max Leyf and Landon Loftin)

Post by Federica »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:28 pm
Federica wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:14 pm Thank you, Cleric. Why are you sharing them in this format?
Because this is the original :)

I thought that it may be useful if someone wants to share the essays as something self-packaged, without any reference to the forum.
Wonderful, thank you!
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:11 pm
Federica wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:06 am Thanks for the link Ashvin. That Steiner was the author had completely escaped me.

"Yes, getting anyone's attention pointed to Cleric's essays seems the only way to go at this point, including a lot of people on the Anthroposophical FB page"

Ok, I hope this means they are being published :!: like next week, otherwise yours would be a non answer!

PS. And, on the lots of people on the FB Anthroposophy group, it has to be emphasized that many of them, similarly to MV, do not dare, or even imagine, to call themselves Anthroposophists, to 'lead', or mislead, others in the name of Anthroposophy, while bluntly ignoring the very core of all Anthroposophical understanding! Therefore, for those, there is no sin in entirely ignoring what Anthroposophy even IS!
BTW, here are the essays also in Google Docs format:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVo ... sp=sharing

Cleric,
I was wondering why Symphony of Minds is not included in the list at the link.
I am searching, but not finding the reason :?:
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Federica wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:19 pm Cleric,
Sorry for the delay,

Well, I haven't thought about it. SoM was a kind of probing ground, I didn't look upon it as something that should fit in the sequence. But if you think that it can be of use I can add it.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Cleric K wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:56 pm
Federica wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:19 pm Cleric,
Sorry for the delay,

Well, I haven't thought about it. SoM was a kind of probing ground, I didn't look upon it as something that should fit in the sequence. But if you think that it can be of use I can add it.
Thanks, Cleric. It was just a question, I was not suggesting changes.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:11 pm
Federica wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:06 am Thanks for the link Ashvin. That Steiner was the author had completely escaped me.

"Yes, getting anyone's attention pointed to Cleric's essays seems the only way to go at this point, including a lot of people on the Anthroposophical FB page"

Ok, I hope this means they are being published :!: like next week, otherwise yours would be a non answer!

PS. And, on the lots of people on the FB Anthroposophy group, it has to be emphasized that many of them, similarly to MV, do not dare, or even imagine, to call themselves Anthroposophists, to 'lead', or mislead, others in the name of Anthroposophy, while bluntly ignoring the very core of all Anthroposophical understanding! Therefore, for those, there is no sin in entirely ignoring what Anthroposophy even IS!
BTW, here are the essays also in Google Docs format:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVo ... sp=sharing

Cleric, please go to Substack, and start posting your essays and ideas there.
Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Federica wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:57 am Cleric, please go to Substack, and start posting your essays and ideas there.
This may happen at some point but right now I'm trying to put the essays together. I would much rather share them here first in a smaller circle. That's also why I'm taking so long with the next part. Thanks to some of the things we've discussed here I decided to rewrite the whole part on Imagination. It goes quite slowly, sometimes I spend a whole hour on one or two paragraphs but hopefully it will make things clearer.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Cleric K wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:59 pm
Federica wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:57 am Cleric, please go to Substack, and start posting your essays and ideas there.
This may happen at some point but right now I'm trying to put the essays together. I would much rather share them here first in a smaller circle. That's also why I'm taking so long with the next part. Thanks to some of the things we've discussed here I decided to rewrite the whole part on Imagination. It goes quite slowly, sometimes I spend a whole hour on one or two paragraphs but hopefully it will make things clearer.
These smilies in the sidebar here are quite limited aren't they? :)
Thank you for all your inestimable work, Cleric!