Possible agenda of Bernardo's "daemon"

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
xzardozx

Possible agenda of Bernardo's "daemon"

Post by xzardozx »

If I understand correctly, Bernardo's daemon coerced him to become a proselyte for the cause of philosophical idealism when he would have preferred to retire to his beloved Swiss Alps, where he was raised, having already made a fortune in high tech. There are two scriptural verses that seem very suggestive of the possible agenda of Bernardo's daemon. If you're wondering if I'm a Christian, I'm an esoteric one who believes the bible is meant to be read metaphorically and that God presides over both sides of the coin of dark and light. Eternal Spirits need to experience adversity (the name "Satan" derives from the word "adversity") from time to time by descending into human form.

"If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”
Gospel of Thomas (non-canonical, alleged to be a compilation of parables of Jesus)

and

Prepare the way for the Lord; clear a straight path for him.
Isaiah 40: 1-11, Mark: 1:1-8:

That is, prepare the way for the coming of God's Kingdom on Earth - for One Thousand Years of Peace during the Aquarian Age presided over by the Prince of Peace, Jesus himself, who will be known to all and many will meet him personally. Jesus, a Spirit, just like the one that prodded Bernardo to "bring forth" what was within him so as to "prepare the way" for the coexistence of Spirits and humans (God's Kingdom).
Federica

Re: Possible agenda of Bernardo's "daemon"

Post by Federica »

xzardozx wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:12 pm If I understand correctly, Bernardo's daemon coerced him to become a proselyte for the cause of philosophical idealism when he would have preferred to retire to his beloved Swiss Alps, where he was raised, having already made a fortune in high tech. There are two scriptural verses that seem very suggestive of the possible agenda of Bernardo's daemon. If you're wondering if I'm a Christian, I'm an esoteric one who believes the bible is meant to be read metaphorically and that God presides over both sides of the coin of dark and light. Eternal Spirits need to experience adversity (the name "Satan" derives from the word "adversity") from time to time by descending into human form.

"If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”
Gospel of Thomas (non-canonical, alleged to be a compilation of parables of Jesus)

and

Prepare the way for the Lord; clear a straight path for him.
Isaiah 40: 1-11, Mark: 1:1-8:

That is, prepare the way for the coming of God's Kingdom on Earth - for One Thousand Years of Peace during the Aquarian Age presided over by the Prince of Peace, Jesus himself, who will be known to all and many will meet him personally. Jesus, a Spirit, just like the one that prodded Bernardo to "bring forth" what was within him so as to "prepare the way" for the coexistence of Spirits and humans (God's Kingdom).

I have three questions (to read as real questions, not rhetorical):

- What is someone's daemon other than a name for that which the person feels inclined to do?
- What reason makes you connect Bernardo's inclinations to the cited verses, other that your own inclinations?
- How does what Bernardo brings forth prapare the way for God's kingdom?
This is the goal towards which the sixth age of humanity will strive: the popularization of occult truth on a wide scale. That's the mission of this age and the society that unites spiritually has the task of bringing this occult truth to life everywhere and applying it directly. That's exactly what our age is missing.
xzardozx

Post by xzardozx »

You might have missed the interview (possibly with Jeffrey Mishlove) wherein he describes the feeling of being literally strangled by his daemon and forced to get up and write. And he deeply resented it for a long time. It felt like (and was ) a violation of his Free Will which is (generally) sacred to the Spirit but I guess it was a question of priorities since he may have been the only one qualified to make mincemeat of the many materialist physicists he has debated on Youtube and to write his books promoting the philosophy of idealism. Let's start with that.
xzardozx

Post by xzardozx »

He's also being tested as all of us are in the Last Days of this Age. It was always those closest to God (the Prophets) who were given the ultimate tests of faith and who cried out to God, "How much longer, Lord?" and "Why hast thou forsaken me?"
Federica

Post by Federica »

xzardozx wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:49 am You might have missed the interview (possibly with Jeffrey Mishlove) wherein he describes the feeling of being literally strangled by his daemon and forced to get up and write. And he deeply resented it for a long time. It felt like (and was ) a violation of his Free Will which is (generally) sacred to the Spirit but I guess it was a question of priorities since he may have been the only one qualified to make mincemeat of the many materialist physicists he has debated on Youtube and to write his books promoting the philosophy of idealism. Let's start with that.
Yes, I have missed it, but I would like to watch it :D would you please provide the link?
This is the goal towards which the sixth age of humanity will strive: the popularization of occult truth on a wide scale. That's the mission of this age and the society that unites spiritually has the task of bringing this occult truth to life everywhere and applying it directly. That's exactly what our age is missing.
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

xzardozx wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:49 am You might have missed the interview (possibly with Jeffrey Mishlove) wherein he describes the feeling of being literally strangled by his daemon and forced to get up and write. And he deeply resented it for a long time. It felt like (and was ) a violation of his Free Will which is (generally) sacred to the Spirit but I guess it was a question of priorities since he may have been the only one qualified to make mincemeat of the many materialist physicists he has debated on Youtube and to write his books promoting the philosophy of idealism. Let's start with that.

Hello zardoz,

On the bold, do you feel that is a viable path to transforming the hearts and minds of modern materialistic culture? On this forum, we have discussed extensively why that is not the case. After all, Berardo was 'forced' to get up and write what was already written more than 150 years ago by Schopenhauer, only in somewhat more modernized form. Since then, despite, or perhaps even because of such abstract idealist ways of thinking, materialism has embedded itself even more deeply. Why is that? We have a lot of ideas on that here, but I am interested to hear what you think first.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
Martin_

Post by Martin_ »

On this forum, we have discussed extensively why that is not the case whether that is the case or not.
fixed it for you. :-)
"I don't understand." /Unknown
Federica

Post by Federica »

Martin_ wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:47 pm
On this forum, we have discussed extensively why that is not the case whether that is the case or not.
fixed it for you. :-)
Martin, let's say, I think "that is not the case", and you also think "that is not the case", and we discuss extensively on the forum. Then the striken-through text is a correct restitution of what we have done. And one should be free to refer to that in a new post, I guess? Your proposed correction being accurate as well. You can definitely state it for yourself, but you cannot force it onto someone else. (I'm shocked it's necessary to remind you of that).
Martin_

Post by Martin_ »

The original formulation makes it look like there is consensus on this forum that Bernardo's way is not a viable path to transforming the hearts and minds of modern materialistic culture.

I just wanted to clarify that there is no such consensus.

But what do I know. Maybe that's not how other ppl read that sentence. I'm not native English speaker.

edit: typo
"I don't understand." /Unknown
AshvinP

Post by AshvinP »

Martin_ wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:48 pm The original formulation makes it look like there is consensus on this forum that Bernardo's way is not a viable path to transforming the hearts and minds of modern materialistic culture.

I just wanted to clarify that there is no such consensus.

But what do I know. Maybe that's not how other ppl read that sentence. I'm not native English speaker.

edit: typo

Among people actively discussing, Martin, there probably is a consensus. But now that you have entered the discussion, do you care to make the case it is a viable path? As mentioned, analytic idealism has been around for a long time. Schopenhauer is one of the most popular philosophers in the Western world. And it's not very difficult to comprehend, either. It doesn't ask for people to transform inwardly or elevate their cognition to comprehend its core ideas. So why hasn't it made a dent in the materialistic foundations?
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"