Possible agenda of Bernardo's "daemon"

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
xzardozx

Re: Possible agenda of Bernardo's "daemon"

Post by xzardozx »

Ok, so I'm reading the rest and are riffing off your original misunderstanding.
Last edited by xzardozx on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Federica

Post by Federica »

xzardozx wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:45 am Could you please summarize for me briefly your view of the nature of our reality without using obscurantist terms? And what is the meaning of life, etc?
Yeah. I have a non religious background, and always felt antipathy for materialism. After years of putting these questions in stand by ("important at some point, but I don't have time right now") I seized the opportunity of the pandemic years, 2020-21 to enquire about them some more. After a fair amount of searching, I found in idealism the only reasonable way to understand reality. I soon learnt about BK. But the more I looked into the details of his philosophy, the more I became critical. Which brought me to this forum, one year ago. Here I have had the unheard-of chance to learn about Esoteric Christianity, also known as Anthroposophy, and reorient and expand on my understanding of the nature of reality. Reality is of course of thought nature. But not in the way BK sees it, that we are trapped in bubbles with no chance to really know that nature. That the depth structure of reality can be known through a thorough phenomenological inquisitive process has been philosophically and practically demonstrated by Steiner, and realized in their own existence, by many initiates before and after him. Today initiation is an open path everyone with a normal human organization can and should follow. It's a lifelong path along which we can only find orientation through the guiding light of Christ. I am only at the very beginning of this path, and I have only started to realize the crucial importance of the Christ events for the evolution of humanity. You may want to read here a concise summary of what is meant by Christian Esotericism in these conversations and see if you agree with it.
This is the goal towards which the sixth age of humanity will strive: the popularization of occult truth on a wide scale. That's the mission of this age and the society that unites spiritually has the task of bringing this occult truth to life everywhere and applying it directly. That's exactly what our age is missing.
xzardozx

Post by xzardozx »

Ok, I will read it. And comment on your post.
Federica

Post by Federica »

xzardozx wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:32 pm "Ok, this I think is a great attitude, to aspire to control, or dominate, thoughts and feelings" - that's precisely the opposite of what I said. Not to "control" or "dominate" thoughts and feelings, but to establish "dominion" over them. That just means you're not bovvered (as the Brits say) by them, should they happen to flit through your mind, and can pay them no mind and they are not mastering you but vice versa. Everything in it's proper place. That's dominion.

I got it, xzardozx. Please note, dominion and dominate are the same word, they have the same root. It should be the same meaning. If you don't like "control" - fine.
This is the goal towards which the sixth age of humanity will strive: the popularization of occult truth on a wide scale. That's the mission of this age and the society that unites spiritually has the task of bringing this occult truth to life everywhere and applying it directly. That's exactly what our age is missing.
Federica

Post by Federica »

xzardozx wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:01 am
Also, are you Sabine Hossenfelder by any chance? Not an accusation, just a question. I noticed a certain similarity between your attitude toward Bernardo and hers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's the most awkward idea :)
I don't know her well, but as far as I understand, we have very little in common :)

By the way, in that famous debate, I was more on BK's side.
xzardozx

Post by xzardozx »

Ok
xzardozx

Post by xzardozx »

Federica wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:03 pm
xzardozx wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:32 pm "Ok, this I think is a great attitude, to aspire to control, or dominate, thoughts and feelings" - that's precisely the opposite of what I said. Not to "control" or "dominate" thoughts and feelings, but to establish "dominion" over them. That just means you're not bovvered (as the Brits say) by them, should they happen to flit through your mind, and can pay them no mind and they are not mastering you but vice versa. Everything in it's proper place. That's dominion.
Having dominion over something and dominating it are two differen

I got it, xzardozx. Please note, dominion and dominate are the same word, they have the same root. It should be the same meaning. If you don't like "control" - fine.
But very different connotations. A King has dominion over his subjects. It's a fairly neutral word. He may be a good king or a bad king. If he exercises that dominion in a negative or abusive way, then he is seeking to dominate his subjects.
Last edited by xzardozx on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xzardozx

Post by xzardozx »

I read the part on Esoteric Christianity. Great stuff - truly. I feel like I expressed many of the same points he made in different words.
xzardozx

Post by xzardozx »

I'd be most curious to know what part of what I've written so far conflicts most strongly in your mind (anyone) with what Cleric wrote?

Also, if anyone knows, please explain what Ahriman and Lucifer represent in his cosmology? He said they are both "tugging" on us.
Federica

Post by Federica »

xzardozx wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:33 pm I'd be most curious to know what part of what I've written so far conflicts most strongly in your mind (anyone) with what Cleric wrote?

Also, if anyone knows, please explain what Ahriman and Lucifer represent in his cosmology? He said they are both "tugging" on us.

xzardozx, this is the part:
"None of us know the answers because that's how God wants it. We are all just guessing. Human life is a black box we can't see out of by design. That's where faith comes in."

Basically said, Lucifer and Ahriman are two of the ideas, or beings, who are representative of the black powers, and work against the Christ impulse. There are various ways to understand them. It's our task to uncover their influences, incuding in ourselves, and redeem them, by becoming aware of them.