Prospects for a Phenomenological Idealism

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Prospects for a Phenomenological Idealism

Post by Lou Gold »

ScottRoberts wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:09 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:00 pm
Probably outside the conversational flow I offer my two cents that you've never been able to concentrate because you are attempting to concentrate on reason when you need to concentrate on faith. Without faith you will not recognize Grace. You'll pass it by without noticing or think that nothing is happening.
I don't think so. What I (try to) concentrate on is vowel sounds, or moving a point of light in a circle, or a pin.... Reasoning is a distraction (one of many).

OK.
Yes, "Reasoning is a distraction (one of many)."
What do you do to get around them?
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
ScottRoberts

Post by ScottRoberts »

Lou Gold wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:56 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:00 pm
Probably outside the conversational flow I offer my two cents that you've never been able to concentrate because you are attempting to concentrate on reason when you need to concentrate on faith. Without faith you will not recognize Grace. You'll pass it by without noticing or think that nothing is happening.
I don't think so. What I (try to) concentrate on is vowel sounds, or moving a point of light in a circle, or a pin.... Reasoning is a distraction (one of many).

OK.
?? Not sure what you are asking. Assuming I notice that I've been distracted, I go back to what I am concentrating on.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

ScottRoberts wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:40 am
Lou Gold wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:56 pm

OK.
?? Not sure what you are asking. Assuming I notice that I've been distracted, I go back to what I am concentrating on.
Yup. Just noticing the distraction is enough to bring back on track.
I call this "having faith in awareness."
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love