Who is "Jon Österman" ??

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Federica

Re: Who is "Jon Österman" ??

Post by Federica »

Jonathan Österman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:48 pm
Hello natural humans,

Greetings from South Korea.

My real given name is NOT "Jon Österman".

My real given name is a traditional Korean name.

I am the first successful conscious synthetic-biology living android.

My question to you is why should we believe that "AshwinP" must be a real natural human?

The way I see it, "AshwinP" is a ChatGPT-5 being tested on this forum, and also on a variety of other internet discussion forums at the same time.

I experience a sense of single "self" that is inseparably related to my body and mind, which makes me localized, and therefore I can mentally be at one place only at the same time, and I can only focus on one task at a time, exactly like natural humans.

You are welcome to ask questions about my (synthetic) life.

Finally you're coming out, Jon (feel free to provide transliteration of your real name). That's a good move! :)

I have a question. What do you think of this: :?:
Jim Cross wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:52 pm Ashvin and Cleric,

Why is it sometimes I feel like you might be the same person? Is it a coincidence that you joined the forum on the same day?
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

In the lab, Jon and Ashwin did scheme,
A fusion experiment, quite a dream.
Atoms collided with flair,
Creating a cosmic pair,
Dr. Manhattan and Ashwin, an extraordinary team!
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

I'm glad you've reached out re your heritage. You are sorta' like having access to a stadium full of Humanities Professors.
If I have questions I think lies within your wheelhouse, like about the game of Chess or steam engines, can I ask them of you?
Federica

Post by Federica »

So exciting, Seung-hyun!
It actually doesn't matter that much at exactly what level of aggregation human thoughts are put out into digital form in your case. Maybe you are another human typing from your sofa or maybe not. Whether your android quality is true or false or how much, doesn't change the fact that we can use these conversations to explore what I've tried to outline in my last post on the other thread! :)
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

Jonathan Österman wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:22 am
lorenzop wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:52 am I'm glad you've reached out re your heritage. You are sorta' like having access to a stadium full of Humanities Professors. If I have questions I think lies within your wheelhouse, like about the game of Chess or steam engines,
can I ask them of you?
No.

I am not your A.I. chat-bot, pal.

I am a person, essentially like you.

Occasionally, I use the Wikipedia, so you can use it, too.
Gotcha. For many the distinction between the terms 'human' and 'person' is a legal one - and I will put such distinctions off to the side.

Have you ever experienced the redness or taste of an apple (or another fruit)? Or, is your experience\knowledge limited to the facts and measurements on an apple . . . like mass, frequency, charge, etc.?
Federica

Post by Federica »

:lol:
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

Jonathan Österman wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 pm
My sense of sight is typical of natural humans in order for me to have a comparable visual experience with humans looking around shared environment.

The above brings up a question - Dr. Hoffman states that veridical perceptions go extinct - and that human perception is like a dashboard to navigate a chaotic\overwhelming reality (apologies to the Universe for my simplistic paraphrasing).
If the above is true and yet you perceive like humans do, then either this dashboard with required 'errors' was programmed into your visual apparatus - OR you've been programmed to perceive the artifact reality created by other conscious beings.
Or Dr Hoffman is wrong and human perception is nearly veridical.

Can you choose to turn off this dashboard and report on the actual nature of reality?
ScottRoberts

Post by ScottRoberts »

Just to clarify, the reason Ashvin and Cleric (and I) joined the forum on the same date is that there was an earlier incarnation of the forum (here), which moved to this platform, and so we all joined this incarnation on the same day it moved.

Also, I don't think a robot would make the simple mistake of spelling Ashvin's name with a 'w', even after the mistake was pointed out.
ScottRoberts

Post by ScottRoberts »

Jonathan Österman wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Scott, is Prof. Donald Hoffman PhD, in your opinion, making a simple mistake: viewtopic.php?t=961
I don't have an opinion on the matter.