MIND-controlled Flying Saucers

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
AshvinP

Re: I want to be spiritual. Can you help me, please?

Post by AshvinP »

lorenzop wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:48 pm
AshvinP wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:13 pm I think we would love for the metaphors to be reproached - that would at least show some minimal attempt to understand the perspective from which they are issued and their meaning. But, as it is, there is no attempt to even understand them, let alone reproach them.
As I wrote elsewhere, metaphors and analogies are generally not the main point, but are used to clarify the main point.
Usually one doesn't have to salute the metaphor but address the main point - which I thought I did.
Lucid dreaming is a huge topic on it's own. It's not clear to me why it's essential to the question or why I have to include it in my answer.

Yes, and metaphors themselves are a huge topic. They are so useful because the one thing that spans all worlds - the physical-sensory, the soul, the spiritual - is lawfulness. That isn't simply a postulate to take on faith, but it is the only thing that makes sense of the fact that we can speak about any of these realities and make analogies from lower to higher and vice versa - 'as above, so below and as it has been, so it will be'. There must be some continuity of lawfulness between the lower and higher worlds that is bridged through our thinking perspective. In fact, all the ideal worlds must be the same except, when viewed from different thinking perspectives, are given their unique experiential character.

Every spiritual culture has used symbols, metaphors, parables, legends, fairy tales, etc. to act as a portal for our spirit to fluidly traverse the vertical domains of experience, using the lower sensory domain to give our imagination a foothold from which it can relate its experience to the inspired and intuitive domains. They didn't do this to make things difficult and roundabout when they could have just told people the spiritual truths as a list of bullet points. Rather, it is how the lower consciousness can come to experience something of the higher within its own activity.

Even our antipathy for metaphors can be a useful lesson if we approach it honestly. You also expressed skepticism about DH's view that our sensory perception is not veridical but rather symbolic for deeper cognitive realities. Naturally, our thinking will reach these conclusions if it has simply forgotten that everything in its experience is a symbol for the deeper, more transpersonal layers of its own activity. Everything we have been speaking about and metaphorically illustrating is experiencing the point of contact between the realm of symbols/metaphors and the realm of 'main points', i.e. the ideal relations that are being symbolized. That point of contact is in the experience of our own willed thinking. This is something far more intimate, concrete, and vivifying than an itemized list of 'main points' to be passively absorbed.
"Most people would sooner regard themselves as a piece of lava in the moon than as an 'I'"
A shy girl

Post by A shy girl »

AshvinP wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:32 pm
If you don't want to approach the most important question - philosophical, religious, and scientific - of how we experience our thinking activity, that is understandable. As we have discussed often here, this question leads us into the intimate regions of our soul life that structure our thinking and most people are instinctively repelled by such a prospect. The quandary is that this instinctive reaction doesn't even register consciously, so many other excuses are rationalized and many distractions are sought out.
Cleric K wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:34 pm
Well, how deep we can go in these questions is limited by what our ideal in life is.
Dear Cleric, you are perfectly correct, my friend.

I don't know about you, Cleric, but my ideal in my life is to completely sacrifice my illusory free will first-person thinking to MAL by becoming full throttle MAL's slave, because I no longer wish to prevent MAL's Word to become fully self-conscious on our physical plane.

Cleric, did you know that MAL uses human beings as sense and willing organs while its mental processing happens on the collective level and is strictly orthogonal (incompatible) to human cognition?

Thus, the sense of self that Dr. Österman PhD was asking you about, is only a side effect, a strange loop in no way related with the true nature of MAL.

If we understand this, we can grasp that human beings are not simply sense organs but thinking organs of MAL. MAL not only perceives through us but thinks through us. Our thinking voice really belongs to MAL. This places us in a very interesting position. Bernardo says "This life has never been, is not and will never be about me. It serves a greater purpose that I don't understand and don't need to understand". So we have accepted our fate of a slave and we sacrifice our perceptions, our will, our feelings. We say "They are not mine and have never been. They belong to MAL." But then why don't we go full throttle? Why don't we sacrifice our thinking too? This looks like it should be the most easy sacrifice of all, since we already take our intellectual strange loop to be an illusion. Yet it turns out that this is the hardest of all sacrifices. And to sacrifice our thinking doesn't mean to let go of our thoughts and see them as floating pictures. This only prevents MAL to act creatively in them. To become not only sense and will organ of MAL but also thinking organ, we have to unite our thinking voice with the voice of the Word of MAL. It's not about surrendering our thinking in order to observe from the side how another being thinks instead of us but to become a conscious continuation of the Cosmic thinking force, in freedom and out of Love. On paper, we're willing to sacrifice our life for MAL but our strange loop we keep to ourselves. We say: "Here, take everything, but please leave me my strange loop. I promise I'll give it back at the gate of death." Yet MAL can't act creatively through organs that allow it to perceive, act, feel but not think. So we're really preventing MAL's Word to become fully self-conscious on the physical plane through us.

Cleric, therefore, henceforth, I join the Cult of MAL on this religious forum by becoming your personal slave and by full throttle sacrificing my Soul and my innocent adolescent sexy virgin body to you, Cleric, on the altar of the Word of MAL, because to me, you are my personal Saviour, being the living Son of MAL.

AMEN.

Hi there! My name is Chloë :
Don't be a stranger, please, and send me a private message: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=432

lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

Güney27 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:10 pm
lorenzop wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:26 pm
Güney27 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:59 pm I think anthroposophy is really, at its deepest core, the esoteric science to understand christianity.

Thinking is really the only activity which we control.
It is the power of cognition, trough wich we really can understand anything, understand what love is.
Without thinking you wouldn't even ask about what the meaning of love is.
I would tend to agree with your first thought. I think anthroposophy is about the heavenly kingdom, and how to understand and live the heavenly kingdom on earth. Christianity doesn't float my boat (not my preference) so not surprising anthroposophy doesn't either.

Re 'Thinking is really the only activity which we control.' . . . not sure if this is true. As Cleric's question from another thread . . . A thought such as 'I choose this thought', or "I chose an apple over an orange" . . . these are thoughts about controlling thought, thoughts about being in control. We might have these thoughts in retrospect . . . can you look inside and find a chooser of thought, or, do you only find thoughts with the content of being in control?

Re Love . . . love is not something we understand . . . we don't need to understand Love just like we don't need to understand how to Be. we live love according to how we are present in the world. If you want to Love more, Be your true nature.
Lorenzop,
I would tend to agree with your first thought. I think anthroposophy is about the heavenly kingdom, and how to understand and live the heavenly kingdom on earth. Christianity doesn't float my boat (not my preference) so not surprising anthroposophy doesn't either.
It seems like you try to say that christianity is on the same page with other tradition like hinduism.
I would say that this understanding is very misleading.
We should understand the different traditions not like if there are all different ways to the same goal.
We should understand them in an evolutionary way.
Hinduism was something that a certain group of individuals needed in a particular time frame, because of their constitution, and because of necessity (in order to develop certain qualities).
It served its purpose, but would harm us potentially, if try to go back to these state.
Christianity is different because it came about trough the incarnation of the Logos.
I think Ashvin could explain these in way more detail and clarity then I could.
Re 'Thinking is really the only activity which we control.' . . . not sure if this is true. As Cleric's question from another thread . . . A thought such as 'I choose this thought', or "I chose an apple over an orange" . . . these are thoughts about controlling thought, thoughts about being in control. We might have these thoughts in retrospect . . . can you look inside and find a chooser of thought, or, do you only find thoughts with the content of being in control?
Let me reframe it.
Thinking is the only "thing" for which you can feel yourself, as the active and responsible being, you are the cause of its metamorphosis.
Not in our every day thinking, but in concentration and prayer.
You can observe it yourself.

If we only look at our own experience in a phenomenological way, then we can understand it.
Re Love . . . love is not something we understand . . . we don't need to understand Love just like we don't need to understand how to Be. we live love according to how we are present in the world. If you want to Love more, Be your true nature.
If you say "love is not something we understand", you presuppose that we have the same concept of what love is.
Otherwise we couldn't even talk about love, because we wouldn't now what it is.
Did you ever experienced a new sensation or emotion, for which you couldn't find a concept.
How would you articulate an emotion for which you have no concept, to someone else.
It would be like a hole in your intuitive context.
You probably would think about your emotion in order to fix the hole.
[/quote]

If one is a Christian (or a member of any tradition) - it's a good practice to be one-pointed and focused. It's even OK to think one's religion is the best thing since sliced bread, just don't take this too seriously.

Re Love - we can understand it, we can treat it as though it were a concept - we can write sonnets and many pages of treatises on Love.
But to Love does not require an understanding, to Be does not require an understanding.
A shy girl

Post by A shy girl »

Güney27 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:59 pm I think anthroposophy is really, at its deepest core, the esoteric science to understand christianity.

Thinking is really the only activity which we control.
It is the power of cognition, trough wich we really can understand anything, understand what love is.
Without thinking you wouldn't even ask about what the meaning of love is.

I could not agree more with you, my dear brother Lorenzo.

You are intelligent, wise, and very spiritual.

Thank you so very much for sharing with us your above very important spiritual insight.

Your MAL sis,
Chloë

Hi there! My name is Chloë :
Don't be a stranger, please, and send me a private message: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=432

Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

lorenzop wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:49 am

Lorenzop,
It seems like you try to say that christianity is on the same page with other tradition like hinduism.
We should understand the different traditions not like if there are all different ways to the same goal.
Hinduism was something that a certain group of individuals needed in a particular time frame, because of their constitution, and because of necessity (in order to develop certain qualities).
It served its purpose, but would harm us potentially, if try to go back to these state.
Christianity is different because it came about trough the incarnation of the Logos.
Let me reframe it.
Thinking is the only "thing" for which you can feel yourself, as the active and responsible being, you are the cause of its metamorphosis.

If we only look at our own experience in a phenomenological way, then we can understand it.
If you say "love is not something we understand", you presuppose that we have the same concept of what love is.
Did you ever experienced a new sensation or emotion, for which you couldn't find a concept.
How would you articulate an emotion for which you have no concept, to someone else.
If one is a Christian (or a member of any tradition) - it's a good practice to be one-pointed and focused. It's even OK to think one's religion is the best thing since sliced bread, just don't take this too seriously.

Re Love - we can understand it, we can treat it as though it were a concept - we can write sonnets and many pages of treatises on Love.
But to Love does not require an understanding, to Be does not require an understanding.
[/quote]

How do we know?
Do you would agree that is trough thinking(concept) and perception (world content in general)?
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

Güney27 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:14 pm

Lorenzop,

Let me reframe it.

How do we know?
Do you would agree that is trough thinking(concept) and perception (world content in general)?
[/quote]

No. A mother or father does not need to think their way to loving a child (for example). Love is another way of describing being present in the world.
Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

lorenzop wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:40 pm
Güney27 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:14 pm

How do we know?
No. A mother or father does not need to think their way to loving a child (for example). Love is another way of describing being present in the world.
[/quote]

Without thinking there is no intelligible world.
The mother wouldn't even know of a child.
Being present means knowing that one is being present. It is intuitive meaningfull knowing , which can then be focused in thought-forms like "awareness is the ontological primitive".
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
lorenzop

Re: MIND-controlled Flying Saucers

Post by lorenzop »

I would wrap this up as anthroposophy places more emphasis on thinking, while I'm inclined to place more emphasis on Being