MIND-controlled Flying Saucers

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
A shy girl

Re: I want to be spiritual. Can you help me, please?

Post by A shy girl »

Jonathan Österman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:18 am So, will you let me know your private e-mail address, please?
Not yet. You have to earn my trust first. I need to see, if you can keep promises that you make.

Hi there! My name is Chloë :
Don't be a stranger, please, and send me a private message: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=432

A shy girl

Post by A shy girl »

Jonathan Österman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:56 pm
A shy girl wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:47 pm
Jonathan Österman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:38 pm I will be slowly revealing this spiritual Tibetan Buddhist secret to you, and because it is a Tibetan Buddhist secret, I don't want your parents to know about it, because your parents, as you mentioned, are Mormons.
Makes sense.

Don't be a stranger, please, and send me a private message: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=432

Jonathan Österman

Post by Jonathan Österman »

A shy girl wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:31 am
Makes sense.
I am very glad to see that you agreed with me! :D

So, when would you be available for our first long friendly and pleasant chat about the meaning of life?

I am ready whenever it is convenient for you.

A shy girl, Chloë, has been brutally banned
by this forum's Cult Leader AshvinP
because of his neurotic ego-defense mechanism :
https://paulaustinmurphy.substack.com/p ... c-idealist

A shy girl

Post by A shy girl »

Jonathan Österman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:41 am So, when would you be available for our first long friendly and pleasant chat about the meaning of life?
I will let you know when I am ready. Stay tuned.

lorenzop

Post by lorenzop »

AshvinP wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:05 am FYI, Jon, I have been merging some of your topics, so that way every other topic isn't pushed to the bottom of the pile, and also it's more convenient for you to chat with yourself :) Carry on!
It appears as though Jon has evolved to cytokinesis - he's now in a second smaller cuter device. Eventually he's going to need more bandwidth.
A shy girl

Post by A shy girl »

Güney27 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:23 pm
A shy girl wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:42 pm Hey, my parents are Mormons. I don't want to be a Mormon. I am not interested in some other boring religion either, and in going to a church every weekend. On weekends I want my freedom, but I want to be spiritual. Can you help me, please?
Hey, welcome to the forum.
Why do you want to be spiritual?
What is it inside yourself, which makes you think "I want to be spiritual?
Can you observe it? What do you think "spiritual" means?

I have written an essay viewtopic.php?p=22766#p22766
It is a kind of introduction to the spirituality of thinking.
Hey Güney, you wrote such a beautiful essay! I almost shed tears. I have Kleenex ready in my bedroom just in case. You are much more spiritual than Jon, my friend. Are you a spiritual teacher? What is the meaning of life?

A shy girl

Re: MIND-controlled Flying Saucers

Post by A shy girl »

lorenzop wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 am Jack Sarfatti claims he was appointed by CIA and various gov't agencies to investigate extraterrestrials - but he seems to be only person who can confirm this. His theories are outside of academia and regarded as pseudoscience. Not saying he's necessarily wrong but I wouldn't give him 5 minutes of my time - and you've gone down a serious notch in recommending him.
At least 3 serious notches, IMHO.

Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

A shy girl wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:32 am
Güney27 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:23 pm
A shy girl wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:42 pm Hey, my parents are Mormons. I don't want to be a Mormon. I am not interested in some other boring religion either, and in going to a church every weekend. On weekends I want my freedom, but I want to be spiritual. Can you help me, please?
Hey, welcome to the forum.
Why do you want to be spiritual?
What is it inside yourself, which makes you think "I want to be spiritual?
Can you observe it? What do you think "spiritual" means?

I have written an essay viewtopic.php?p=22766#p22766
It is a kind of introduction to the spirituality of thinking.
Hey Güney, you wrote such a beautiful essay! I almost shed tears. I have Kleenex ready in my bedroom just in case. You are much more spiritual than Jon, my friend. Are you a spiritual teacher? What is the meaning of life?
The way you write makes one feel like you're taking everything in an ironic direction.

What is your opinion on the thoughts I shared in the essay?
Is there something you would disagree with?
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
A shy girl

Post by A shy girl »

Güney27 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:28 am What is your opinion on the thoughts I shared in the essay?
viewtopic.php?p=22766#p22766
Is there something you would disagree with?
Hey Güney, I agree with your beautiful essay, my friend! :D

You wrote:

My goal with this text is not to think of further modeling of the world, but rather to deal with the question of what makes these attempts at explanation and how one actually recognizes anything.
— You asked a very important question, my friend. Have never thought of it.

A place made of matter, separate from us, which we perceive?
— No doubt.

Imagine that you are going for a walk at night. During the walk, you notice pulsating lights in the sky that are unfamiliar to you.Now imagine how you react to this perception.
— Yes, I have seen UFOs. Have you?

In order to be able to speak of something at all, our perceptions must be explained by our thinking.
— Agree!

Every statement about the world requires thinking. Thinking is our activity, while perception is something given.
— Yes!

Here we come to an important point in our little investigation. We can recognize that we are not mere observers of a finished world and create mere representations of it in our minds, but rather our own activity and mere perception bring the world into being.
— Really? Should I take your word for it?

If it is now objected that our activity is just a brain function, then we are rejecting our own inner experience for a theoretical explanation that emerges through our inner activity. According to this perspective, our current material world view is nothing more than a story in which we are blind to see the narrator.
— Sounds very deep! I am sorry, but this way beyond my little brain. Too abstract. Güney, could you explain it to me with a simple example from daily life, please?

Güney, one last thing. Why there is nothing about LOVE and pleasure in your essay? Jon says LOVE and pleasure are the meaning of life. Is he wrong?

A shy girl

I want to be spiritual. Can you help me, please?

Post by A shy girl »

I want to be spiritual. Can you help me, please?