Thinking about death

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Thinking about death

Post by Lou Gold »

I'm a direct first person experiencer of the process known as 'active dying' in medical circles. No, I'm not Lazarus returned from the dead to tell you all. I'm just going through the late stage of heart failure. It's not a bowl of cherries, no one likes to suffer on the material level but fear on the spiritual level seems quite unjustified to me. Indeed, I feel that this dying process is the best spiritual school that I've attended. This includes my profound preparations over three decades of regular practice along the path of Santo Daime, which does not proselytize. I believe there is a path of heart for each and I do not judge what I have not experienced. I can affirm that I can recognize much that is presented by others as true, good and beautiful. May all good works continue.

I confess that I have grown weary of the ways philosophical speculations seem to continuously circle back, of course after attaining yet another 'new horizon'. Nowadays, I'm more interested in the resulting creative outputs, one of which (surprisingly to this old guy) I've found in the popular music outpouring of young Jacob Collier. This seems worthy of a deep contemplation....

Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:19 pm I'm a direct first person experiencer of the process known as 'active dying' in medical circles. No, I'm not Lazarus returned from the dead to tell you all. I'm just going through the late stage of heart failure. It's not a bowl of cherries, no one likes to suffer on the material level but fear on the spiritual level seems quite unjustified to me. Indeed, I feel that this dying process is the best spiritual school that I've attended. This includes my profound preparations over three decades of regular practice along the path of Santo Daime, which does not proselytize. I believe there is a path of heart for each and I do not judge what I have not experienced. I can affirm that I can recognize much that is presented by others as true, good and beautiful. May all good works continue.

I confess that I have grown weary of the ways philosophical speculations seem to continuously circle back, of course after attaining yet another 'new horizon'. Nowadays, I'm more interested in the resulting creative outputs, one of which (surprisingly to this old guy) I've found in the popular music outpouring of young Jacob Collier. This seems worthy of a deep contemplation....

Hi Lou,

I was wondering: what does the Santo Daime path say about Love and becoming its expression in life?
(I have practically no notion of this path except what you have hinted to in previous posts)
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Federica,

The Doctrine od Santo Dainme is contained in its ritual hymns and experiences. I suspect that outside of the experience it will remain rather mysterious. I like this one a lot.

https://www.masletras.com/flor-das-agua ... 40445.html

I guess that my personal greatest learning has been that love is more about giving than receiving. My signature statement in these post is a mantra was received from an entity on the disincarnate side who has been my important guide and mentor.
Last edited by Lou Gold on Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:46 pm Federica,

The Doctrine od Santo Dainme is contained in its ritual hymns and experiences. I suspect that outside of the experience it will remain rather mysterious. I like this one a lot.

Thanks for the song!
Then I would ask: what makes Santo Daime a path in your view? I understand that you maybe can't reveal it, but I was wondering how your experience of Love has evolved over these 30 years of preparations.
What have you been preparing for within this path/rites?
In this epoch we have to be fighters for the spirit: man must realise what his powers can give way to, unless they are kept constantly under control for the conquest of the spiritual world. In this fifth epoch, man is entitled to his freedom to the highest degree! He has to go through that.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Federica wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:01 pm

Thanks for the song!
Then I would ask: what makes Santo Daime a path in your view? I understand that you maybe can't reveal it, but I was wondering how your experience of Love has evolved over these 30 years of preparations.
Federica,

I'll give it a shot as long as it is understood that my words are personal and not 'one size for all' who experience Santo Daime. I am neither authorized as an SD spokesperson nor do i expect others to necessarily have similar experiences. I went through stages/phases -- cleaning/calming, firming/strengthening, devotion/maintaining and the charity of caring/sharing. For me this is an ongoing learning/evolving, which I call a path. My preparation has focussed on opening/expanding my own awareness. I have found, "What am I missing?" to be an excellent contemplation. I continue preparing for living/dying, here or elsewhere.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

For those who might be interested I find this recent lengthy process interview with JC fascinating, especially since as a non-musician with a tin ear I nevertheless find so many levels with which I resonate. I think there's a lot about not getting stuck that's related to dying ever moment.

Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:05 pm
Federica wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:01 pm

Thanks for the song!
Federica,

I'll give it a shot as long as it is understood that my words are personal and not 'one size for all' who experience Santo Daime. I am neither authorized as an SD spokesperson nor do i expect others to necessarily have similar experiences. I went through stages/phases -- cleaning/calming, firming/strengthening, devotion/maintaining and the charity of caring/sharing. For me this is an ongoing learning/evolving, which I call a path. My preparation has focussed on opening/expanding my own awareness. I have found, "What am I missing?" to be an excellent contemplation. I continue preparing for living/dying, here or elsewhere.
Thank you Lou.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Oh, Federica, I seemed to have neglected your important question about Love. Increasingly, I see Love more as a giving than a getting and that acceptance of reality as-it-is is my best guide toward helpful or graceful action. Being able to participate in the real with a kind and peaceful heart is the goal for me. I find many challenges, much learning and some genuine joy in this on-going process.
Federica

Post by Federica »

Lou Gold wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm Oh, Federica, I seemed to have neglected your important question about Love. Increasingly, I see Love more as a giving than a getting and that acceptance of reality as-it-is is my best guide toward helpful or graceful action. Being able to participate in the real with a kind and peaceful heart is the goal for me. I find many challenges, much learning and some genuine joy in this on-going process.
Nice, Lou.
Beyond giving and getting, when Love is 'a being', then there's no longer a distinction between give and take, I believe.
And one can only 'be Love' through self knowledge. Accepting reality as it is (=as it is known, as it is experienced) is certainly part of self knowledge, if the real is accepted as it emerges from the inside of our being, rather than as bullets of fate that rain on us from outside in. Do you agree?