Thinking about death

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Lou Gold

Re: Thinking about death

Post by Lou Gold »

Federica wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm Oh, Federica, I seemed to have neglected your important question about Love. Increasingly, I see Love more as a giving than a getting and that acceptance of reality as-it-is is my best guide toward helpful or graceful action. Being able to participate in the real with a kind and peaceful heart is the goal for me. I find many challenges, much learning and some genuine joy in this on-going process.
Nice, Lou.
Beyond giving and getting, when Love is 'a being', then there's no longer a distinction between give and take, I believe.
And one can only 'be Love' through self knowledge. Accepting reality as it is (=as it is known, as it is experienced) is certainly part of self knowledge, if the real is accepted as it emerges from the inside of our being, rather than as bullets of fate that rain on us from outside in. Do you agree?
I sort get your drift. If you are asking if the ontological question (physicalist vs idealist) is highest priority for me I would say "I'm a bridge person who prefers 'both/and-plus--more' as I continue my personal journey of finding balance in living/dying.

At the level of poetic expression I like Rumi:

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I’ll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn’t make any sense."

Do I feel that Love is a being? Yes, and I also feel the mountain is a being.
Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Lou Gold

Re: Thinking about death

Post by Lou Gold »

Lou Gold wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:45 pm
Federica wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 pm
Lou Gold wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm Oh, Federica, I seemed to have neglected your important question about Love. Increasingly, I see Love more as a giving than a getting and that acceptance of reality as-it-is is my best guide toward helpful or graceful action. Being able to participate in the real with a kind and peaceful heart is the goal for me. I find many challenges, much learning and some genuine joy in this on-going process.
Nice, Lou.
Beyond giving and getting, when Love is 'a being', then there's no longer a distinction between give and take, I believe.
And one can only 'be Love' through self knowledge. Accepting reality as it is (=as it is known, as it is experienced) is certainly part of self knowledge, if the real is accepted as it emerges from the inside of our being, rather than as bullets of fate that rain on us from outside in. Do you agree?
I sort get your drift. If you are asking if the ontological question (physicalist vs idealist) is highest priority for me I would say "I'm a bridge person who prefers 'both/and-plus--more' as I continue my personal journey of finding balance in living/dying.

At the level of poetic expression I like Rumi:

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I’ll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn’t make any sense."

Do I feel that Love is a being? Yes, and I also feel the mountain is a being.
My path is Christian and Jesus is the Savior and Exemplar who shows me Love wherever I am. Praise and Glory be.

Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love