Intuition of the material world

Any topics primarily focused on metaphysics can be discussed here, in a generally casual way, where conversations may take unexpected turns.
Cleric K

Re: Intuition of the material world

Post by Cleric K »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:13 pm I don't see the flowers as separate but as you say, "part of the earth being." I don't resonate deeply with the image. It feels superficial, part of nature in a mechanical way. I sense it as a machine representation of a living imagination but not in a deeply evocative way.
What about these :)

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Aloha Cleric,

The image is not that important, I just used it because it was faster for me. I'm just trying to understand your perspective. Whether you experience thoughts as spiritual flowers that pop into existence as part of the living process of the Earth being. And if this is the case, how do you understand the ego? What is it in relation to the Earth-process?

OK. Lemme report from my process rather than my intellect. As I awakened here in Hawaii about a half hour ago my first thoughts (still half asleep) were that perhaps AI imagery could an interesting way for me to play imaginatively. Maybe saying that it was "too mechanical" missed something deeper. I then checked out the forum and found your recent posts, with which I found ways to resonate. Lemme contemplate more and report more deeply later. Meanwhile, thanks for offering these images into my process.

Be calm - Be clear - See the faults - See the suffering - Give your love
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:53 pm Aloha Cleric,

The image is not that important, I just used it because it was faster for me. I'm just trying to understand your perspective. Whether you experience thoughts as spiritual flowers that pop into existence as part of the living process of the Earth being. And if this is the case, how do you understand the ego? What is it in relation to the Earth-process?

OK. Lemme report from my process rather than my intellect. As I awakened here in Hawaii about a half hour ago my first thoughts (still half asleep) were that perhaps AI imagery could an interesting way for me to play imaginatively. Maybe saying that it was "too mechanical" missed something deeper. I then checked out the forum and found your recent posts, with which I found ways to resonate. Lemme contemplate more and report more deeply later. Meanwhile, thanks for offering these images into my process.

I think the ego is a God-given tool, which may be used in skilled (balanced) or unskilled (unbalanced) ways. "Give a hammer to a child and all the world will look like a nail" and "It is the carpenter who builds the house, not the hammer." I like to make digital flowers and I know they are not the real deal. I think the artists often get it right before the scientists do.

Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Cleric,

About flowers, I love these words of Rumi

Come to the orchard in Spring.
There is light and wine, and sweethearts
in the pomegranate flowers.

If you do not come, these do not matter.
If you do come, these do not matter.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Cleric K wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:49 pm
What about ... ?

This one most draws me toward it.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Lou Gold wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:52 pm
Cleric K wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:49 pm
What about ... ?

This one most draws me toward it.

In my daily prayers, I often say:

The miracle occurs as the child appears in the heart of the lovely flower.

One drop of that nectar can heal the rivers and forests and mountains of this world.
This Earth is a garden and we are its children. May we work together well.

May all manner of thing be well.
May all manner of people be well.
May there be Peace on the Holy Mountain.
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

I searched my artchive and found this (from about a year ago), which may be relevant...

"WATER IS LIFE"

There was an interesting creative process here. The image began as a full color encaustic painting I made years ago. I was never quite satisfied with it. There was something like a waterfall in the center but I couldn't get it portrayed right.
Recently, I made a B&W 2nd version and contemplated its mysteries. I clearly saw/felt water. I adjusted the B&W tones and then applied an underwater color filter to create the final, which I entitled, "Water is Life." Is this better than the original? Not necessarily. It just better expressed my inner vision and felt more satisfying to me. I guess that art for me is often about discovering how to portray something I feel within.

Güney27

Post by Güney27 »

Talking about Ss there is a thought that im thinking trough right know.

Every one in the forum here has a intuitive context, which allows us to understand what we are doing and why we are doing these things.

It is the means by which our existence feels lawful.

Let us imagine that we see a stranger, who smokes a cigarette, and we are none smokers.
Maybe we ask ourselves why this person smokes, knowing that it is really harmful.
We can't comprehend it and it is random or silly behavior in our eyes.

If we try out smoking a cigarette a couple years later and start smoking, one day we'll understand from a first perspective, why people smoke and can't stop.

We experience the craving and the pleasure which make us addicted.

Then we understand the first person experience of the stranger, which didn't fit in our context years before.

Now when I think in the described way about Ss, then it is natural, that Ss is either dismissed, or isn't understood correctly.

We have to reorient or context of the World, as a material place (arena) in which we live, inside a body, perceiving the outside, to a point, where we are free of assumptions.

This first step is very important, but difficult.

Then we have to get Ss, but not only as words, for which we then create imagination, in an external-sensory manner, but understand how these concepts are present and structure or experience of the world (including non sensory phenomenon like feeling thinking willing).

Am I correct till to this point ?

I know it will bring disagreement, but this isn't something, which every human being is able to do today.

You must have an interest in understanding the world and our role in it ( the meaning of life).

Then you must have the urge to know it really, and not only from the words of gurus, but trough own experience and understanding.

One must be educated enough to understand the written things (Pof, Cleric's essays or Ashvin's post).

One must be patient and read over and over again ( one must put in much effort) and must have the will to do it so.

There are much more conditions.

Isn't it really occult knowledge for a few, while others are trapped inside a thinking, that is full of wrong assumptions?

And as we talking about this topic, after so much posts, I didn't get how to "read-meditate" and understand how Ss concept shape our experience, let alone how we can verify this without experiencing clairvoyance.

Please don't take this as a criticism of the posts here, i just want to highlight the difficulty of understanding this, and the pain that comes with it, because I can't just say:,, Ok I don't get it, i should focus on something more pleasant instead of wasting my time."

I can understand why so many people on this forum, don't participate anymore.

Ps: steiner himself really describes the occult realities, in a way that we understand them as sensory and space like phenomena.
How can he don't know that people will get it wrong?

For example:
"This is clear to straightforward observation as an inner experience, but for the Initiate the astral body can become an outer reality. The Initiate sees this third member of man as an egg-shaped cloud which not only surrounds the body, but permeates it. If we “suggest away” the physical body and also the etheric body, what we shall see will be a delicate cloud of light, inwardly full of movement. Within this cloud or aura the Initiate sees every desire, every impulse, as colour and form in the astral body. For example, he sees intense passion flashing like rays of lightning out of the astral body.

In animals the basic colour of the astral body varies with the species: a lion's astral body has a different basic colour from that of a lamb. Even in human beings the colour is not always the same, and if you train yourself to be sensitive to delicate nuances, you will be able to recognise a man's temperament and general disposition by his aura. Nervous people have a dappled aura; the spots are not static but keep on lighting up and fading away. This is always so, and is why the aura cannot be painted."
Or
Anyone who wants to know the nature of the etheric body by direct vision must be able to maintain his ordinary consciousness intact and “suggest away” the physical body by the strength of his own will. The gap left will, however, not be empty; he will see before him the etheric body glowing with a reddish-blue light like a phantom, but with radiance a little darker than young peach blossom. We never see an etheric body if we “suggest away” a crystal; but in the case of a plant or animal we do, for it is the etheric body that is responsible for nutrition, growth and reproduction.
If I didn't came across this forum, I would understand this in a total different way.
~Only true love can heal broken hearts~
Lou Gold

Post by Lou Gold »

Cleric K wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:49 pm What about these :)
OK, I looked at the your images more deeply, which brought forth some words and an image of mine.

Your images seem very thoughtful.

For myself, I would try to portray the child.

Where might I learn how to do this AI stuff? It seems like an intriguing sandbox.

I named this image "Looking Deeply" >>>

Cleric K

Post by Cleric K »

Lou Gold wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:06 pm OK, I looked at the your images more deeply, which brought forth some words and an image of mine.

Your images seem very thoughtful.

For myself, I would try to portray the child.

Where might I learn how to do this AI stuff? It seems like an intriguing sandbox.

I named this image "Looking Deeply" >>>
Here: https://www.bing.com/images/create (you need Microsoft account)

For example, the prompt for the last pictures was something like 'human form made of ethereal energy with flowers growing from it, sitting in etheric forest, warm color'.